Is being fat so repellent to guys?

Please explain why no guy considers the fat girl first?

By fat, I mean around the height of 5.4 and weight around 180 lbs.
I try to lose weight, but it's not as easy as I thought it was.

Most Helpful Guy

• Younger guys will worry about what others think as you grow older and wiser little things really don't matter.

What Guys Said 12

• because many people do not find "fat"to be a redeemable quality, and while most people say "looks don't matter" they mean to a certain extent... so if your heavy but have a great personality you can still get a nice guy, but at the same time its a lot harder to see somebodys personality when compared to their weight, so somebody can write you off before ever speaking to you/ a fatter person

• It just doesn't turn me on. Very very few fat girls are attractive in my eyes. It's unhealthy as well. I maintain a fit figure and the least I expect is the same from my partner. Height/weight proportional. And I am VERY generous with my expectations. If a girl is beyond them... .No. I've been lenient enough.

• 5'4 180 is too much for me... for your age. I still find girls that weight CAN BE attractive but I wouldn't tolerate it at your age because I expect you to gain weight as you age.

I would much rather see you in the 160s.

• Ok, but is every case the same? Can't a girl have the most amazing personality to make up for her looks? Or moderately good body features to make up for it? For example, I am a double D size. That should count for something? My weight does not collect around my stomach, it goes down below and people say it gives me the hourglass look.

• There are exceptions for your weight. You may carry it insanely well and I'd still get aroused.

No your personality wouldn't make up for it. For guys... it's one part personality... one part sexy. Personality alone isn't good enough. We're sexual creatures. Just the way it is.

DD... might help you attract a guy who likes them. But he can find them on a thinner girl easily. But DD means you may carry your weight better. Not carrying around your tummy is good... so is hourglass shape.

• Fat is getting into unattractive territory.

The problem with this description is, I doubt it's accurate. Most people downplay their body fat% by using these common terms, when in fact they are obese to morbidly obese which isn't attractive at all.

• Because MOST fat girls are not attractive however there was this one bigger girl that was VERY attractive

• It's the things that come with being fat, like being less energetic, stationary, and girls look better when they are in shape.

• because they aren't attractive to our eyes. You realize we're not trying to be mean by not being attracted to fat girls, it's called human nature and instinct. Our subconscious judges every women we see as a potential mate, and fat girls don't fit the bill, whether we mean well or not.

• Fat girls (Obese and morbidly obese) are unattractive just looks plain nasty. To some guys getting a fat girl is like giving up on finding a relatively attractive female because they are broke/poor or he lacks the confidence to get a decent looking female as fat girls are easy targets. Since the beginning of civilization, fat girls have been the least desirable, rejects, and the jokes. So you can't blame this one on television or other media sources.

• "Since the beginning of civilization, fat girls have been the least desirable, rejects, and the jokes."

Incorrect. Fat was revered in 17th century Europe because being fat meant that you were too wealthy to work. Women in Mauritania are sent to fattening camps so they'll get fat before their weddings, because fat is sexy there. It's ALL dependent on culture and time.

• Chinese beauty standard

link

In the Philippines

link

The UK, Canada, and most of japan the ideal is slim or curvy.

• Notice how those places are all very industrialized and are able to influence citizens with media.

• For some people when going into a physical relationship they might see it as unattractive but if they look at the person and not at the frame they will see what kind of person they really are, and size won't matter.

• Weight doesn't tell us anything about fat.

Amazon women are huge and they are not fat...

Give us BMI...

• Because skinny girls are much more attractive than fat girls?

• Some guys do, or will overlook it. Also, it's how you hold the extra weight. A BMI of 30.9 is not necessarily unattractive. (At least to me.)

• yeah. noticeable fat is not attractive. I used to be overweight as well- I spent a lot of time working it off- so I want someone at least as fit as me.

• how much did you lose?

• 20 lbs...

10 running over the winter everyday.

then 10 cycling this summer.

haha. I feel a lot more confident.

What Girls Said 3

• Fat to most guys is unattractive.

They find rolls, big bellies, wobbly thighs, and the stretchmarks/cellulite that often comes with it unappealing.

Plus often times fat girls are proportional. Proportional fat girls are curvy.

However most fat girls will blame 'culture' just because back in history fat was attractive.

^ they're completely overlooking that fat was attractive because it indicated wealth and that you had mo ey to feed yourself lol

• 1. Our culture's beauty ideal is tall and thin. People buy into this and see fat as unattractive.

2. The so-called obesity epidemic has brainwashed people into thinking that fat automatically equals unhealthy, completely ignoring the fact that many fat people are active, eat well, and are in very good health. A fat active person has HALF the mortality rate as a thin sedentary person. Anyway, guys want a healthy girl, and because they don't know that fat people can be healthy, they won't go for a fat girl.

3. Peer pressure to like girls who are seen as attractive by other people. They don't want to date a girl their friends will make fun of them for.

4. Genuine preferences. Everyone is allowed to have preferences about what their partner looks like. But the reason fat is repellent to probably 95% of guys is all about the culture we live in.

• I have skinny friends with more diseases than most overweight people I know. High cholesterol, high blood pressure and diabetes(although it's not weight that always affects that)

Alot of skinny people eat whatever they want(junk food) and don't exercise, thinking being skinny automatically qualifies them as healthy.

I believe being overweight and underweight is unhealthy. There's no healthy way around it

• Thank you. It bothers me that culture decides whether I am alone or not. Its frustrating at times.

• @Evangelina: My point is, it's not the weight itself that makes a person unhealthy (unless it's very extreme), it's an unhealthy lifestyle.

@QA: Keep your chin up, there ARE guys out there who either like fat girls or simply don't see it as an important factor :)

• 1) Being overweight/obese is unhealthy and most men want a woman who cares about her health

2) Rolls are unattractive and stretch marks and cellulite are accentuated more on overweight/obese people an overall it's just unattractive

3) You're very overweight. Perhaps you should consult a doctor

• Why do fat people get butthurt when people give them honest answers?

Why are severly underweight girls undesirable? Because they lack breasts and ass and generally good curves

• Orrrr

I suggest sparkpeople.com

It's a great website and has workouts online. You can record your exercise and diet online and there's articles to help you along the way.

There's also a support forum

• thank you so much I have never heard of sparkpeople. I appreciate it :)