Hot, sexy, pretty, or beautiful?

Which complement do you prefer and under what circumstances are they best used?

Most Helpful Girl

• i prefer beautiful

1. hot- with the intention of sex. sexual...something you'd say to a drunk girl at a club

2. sexy- can be used to mean pretty but also super smart or confidant so a girl who has the entire package and can be used in nearly all circumstances 'she's sexy smart and cool'

3. pretty- kinda like saying you are cute. nice and casual. something you'd probs say to someone at a non-party atmosphere (i.e something you'd call your date when you pick her up from her house or meet with her)

4. beautiful- classy way of saying pretty. sounds more gentleman-like and dosen't give off the impression that the guy is just asking for sex...shows me he potentially respects me

-help me please!

What Girls Said 15

• well I would like them all! it would just be the timing... ha ha every girl would love to be called all of them but depending on the time and place and situation! ha ha but when a girl is in a bad place then you want to call her beautiful but if she's trying to be attractive or hot or something then you can call her any of those names but still you need to think about when you say it and how she might react about it! but any girl would be happy to be called any of those! love <3 hottywithabody88

• Neither.

I prefer not to be complimented about my looks under any circumstance & any guy complimenting my looks is lowered to a typical guy in my eyes.

• I feel that true beauty encompasses more than just looks on the surface. I think someone who's truly beautiful has a personality to match it.

• Then compliment just the personality then.

Either way it doesn't matter what a guy's definition of beauty is if he compliments me physicaly I lose all interest in him.

• Hot / Sexy - when I'm all dressed up for a night out;

Hot - if I'm looking particularly good that day.

Pretty - don't mind where this word is used; it's more of a casual term - but still flattering^^

Beautiful - if I'm dressed up really nice, or from a guy who really is into me.

• For me it depends on what I want from the guy and how serious I am about him. If I want a guy to like me for my body (which happens probably more than guys would think) then hot and sexy are the absolute best compliments...not that they are ever really bad...but if a guy that I really liked was only ever saying I was sexy, I'd worry that he was only trying to get with me physically. Calling a woman beautiful, to me, is more that just good features. It means more. It means really seeing her. It's so much more of an emotional compliment. Perfectly balanced, and when said with the right infliction and facial expression...magical.

• Beautiful! hot, sexy, pretty sound so artificial sometimes. and beautiful has deeper meaning than all the other. if someone else called me hot or sexy then I'd actually feel good about myself but it kind of feels like that persons only getting attracted to my body or the way I dress and make up etc.

• i think beatiful because its so sweet and it makes you feel amazing inside... and out haha. I think that I would want it to be any time and any place. I think if it is out of the blue its almost cuter than during a romantic date or something.

• i prefer the term: tolerable.

i.e. 'OI! you there! you are f***ing TOLERABLE!'

see? innit lovely?

• I love being called "ugly". Like being told how ugly I am with that teasing smile, and then kissing me. Swoon material, right there.

• Beautiful :D

• Beautiful because it seems to be stronger and go deeper than any of the others.

• hot because it makes me feel pretty and beautiful

• beautiful because it makes me fell pretty and use it whenever

• beautiful

• I'd much prefer to be beautiful

• let me just say.. ill take any compliment any day lol but beautiful is very ideal

What Guys Said 1

• Hot - If they look very attractive, or if you have other intentions.

Sexy - Nearly the same as hot but with more intentional purpose.

Pretty - A nicer compliment that has more meaning, expressing some interest.

Beautiful - Highest form of compliment, Expresses inner and outer beauty.

Personally I don't use sexy or hot, but I've use the others and cute.