I want to dye my hair red. yay or nay?

A bright red. I have dark tan skin By the way. If so, how should I go about doing it? LINKS! Thank you :)

link

link

Most Helpful Girl

• Right, it's do-able but will require a total lifestyle change.

In terms of the actual hair, you will need a sharp edged modern sophisticated haircut. It needs to be regularly trimmed and styled every single day. If the main focus of your hair is the color, the cut has to be minimal and super clean (no layering). The color its self is an equal disaster in terms of maintenance. The red pigment molecule is the smallest of all, and therefore washes out almost instantly after coloring. Your fresh red will be gone in 4 washes. The less you wash your hair the better. A lot of supplementary products for color maintenance are also required to be used daily. Finely, remember the thicker and courser your hair is the faster the color will wash out as each strand of hair is more porous. This will especially be true if you need to lighten your hair first in order to achieve a bright red later.

To really seal in the color I suggest Silicone hair serum an a Le Angelique Titan straightener, it's the only one that can sufficently smoothe and seal your hair cuticle.

But if you want to have loud hair, you need conservative clothing to balance it out as short , low cut, bright and tight clothing with bright red hair will scream "desperate for attention and trashy". You want to achieve elegance!

So you will pretty much have to change up your entire wardrobe and throw out everything in that category. Also you will not be able to wear bright colors anymore and have to resort to neutrals and blacks.

Red in all shades is a favorite color of individuals who want to take their look to a unique and highly styled level. You have to want to get noticed, in all the right ways of course link

Good luck!

What Guys Said 5

• go for it. yay.

• I think a dark red would look great on you. Go for it =)

• Like Rihanna red? link

• You look amazing just the way you are :-)

• Yes I think it would look good a darker red would be better in my opinion.

What Girls Said 10

• The thing to keep in mind is, you want your hair color to be darker then your skin. I think going for a dark red would be nice, but I also think you might not like it after you do it, cause it will start to wash out after a bit, and then you will either have to dye it again, or let it look weird. I think if you want to change it up a bit you should try a darker brown or a black. Make sure you think about it before you do anything, and be happy with what ever you choose.

• Yeah, you could pull it off!

• I'm with Janson on this, I think a darker red would suit you better, actually.

• Yay!

• YAY! ::D

• yessssss. I think it's super hot, and it would look great on you :)

• thank you :DDD but should I dye it red, or bleach and then red? :)

• Depends how bright you want it? You can get some red dyes that are specifically for dark hair and they go super bright. Also, your hair isn't REALLY dark, so I think you could get away with just dying it. If you want something like, Rihanna red, you probably have to bleach it

• yes ..i think it will look good. I like red hair.

• yup.

• i think you should do with a dark red like these:

link

link

• Don't do it! You have a beautiful dark complexion, red looks good against pale skin, it would not do anything for you at all, work with what you have, not against it.

• yea I'm worried about it looking weird against my complexion =/ thank you!