Is Height THAT Big Of A Deal?

Short guys & tall guys on this site make a big deal about height. I know short guys irl who can get girls & tall girls who can get guys. So, why is height such a topic on here?

Do people enjoy finding every excuse as to why they are single or can't pull a member of the opposite gender?

Sure, I'm average or short(5'3) and I prefer tall guys, but I know girls who are the complete opposite :D

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 10

• Most women prefer men who are at least 4 inches taller than they are (there are scientific studies that empirically back this up). Women also tend to be quite vocal about their preference for tall men in my experience.

Personally, I don't give a sh*t about height either way and find it odd that it's such a big deal for some people. I'm 5'10'' which a lot of women explicitly have said they consider to be on the short side (even though medically it is the median height for an American male). I've dated girls that were as short as 5'0'' and as tall as 6'1'' - they were all attractive to me in different ways and their height was never an issue for me, even though it was an issue with some of them.

The funny thing is that I have every reason to be insecure about my height because I was bullied for being short all throughout grammar school (I was a late bloomer and didn't even break 5 feet until I was in the 6th grade). But my height isn't an issue for me, so I don't really care if it's an issue with a potential girlfriend.

This seems to be an issue for guys because it's an issue for girls. Many women are not shy about openly stating their preference for tall men and then they wonder why some guys have insecurities about it.

• 5'10 is good IMO

Sorry about being bullied. People suck. Kids suck

• Bullied for being 5'10? God I would kill to be that height... Every hot girl I see out and about is always with a tall, good looking dude. I have never seen a hot girl with a guy shorter than 5'10. Ever in my 26 years of life. I'm 5'7 and I truly believe my height is the one thing that's made it very difficult to attract girls (I do attract girls, it's just WAY harder and requires much more work).

• Perhaps I should have clarified - I was only bullied in grade school, before I started puberty when I was shorter than 5'0'' tall. I was a late bloomer and other kids shot up in height before me which was the source of the taunting. I caught up to everyone else by high school and didn't have any problems after that. I was never bullied at my current height (5'10'')

• Do I wish I was taller? Yeah sure but for the most part I am happy being 5'11. Only when my sisters boyfriend comes around do I feel short. He is 6'4 300+lbs of pure muscle and I look like a kid next to him. But it is what it is. Now on the whole dating issue, I have been both with a short girl that was 5 feet and with a tall girl who was 6'3 so I don't care about height. I liked the tall girl the most and was probably the most beautiful girl I have ever seen.

• It's not for me, I don't care as long as the girl is shorter than me...

the thing is there's a preference and then a standard lol, if you say you prefer guys over 5'10 that's fine but if you say you will only date or even consider guys over 5'10 that's a little ridiculous... but that's still all on you and I've gotten over it

• Standard-preference, it's all personal right? There are quite a few dudes who say they refuse to date taller chicks. It's acceptable then, but not when I have a preference and/or standard?

Even so, guys I've talked to or "gone out with" have just so happened to be tall.

• I'm not aiming it directly at you, I know plenty of guys who would never date a taller girl, I never said that's right either

It's just weird that if you met a guy who was perfect for you in every way and was still taller than you but not over 5'10... you would not date him? I just find that odd haha

but to each his/her own, so stick to your beliefs :)

• All I hear is a lot of talk from people. Yet I doubt half the things people say they want on here they would be willing to overlook if someone they thought was attractive asked them out

• seems that way:

link

• You asked height or body type and we chose. We answered vaguely.

Holy sh*t, you must be annoyed by people voting.

People ON HERE focus too much on it. There's more to life and attraction

• it doesn't notify me when I get a vote anymore haha, just answers.

• @ update:

lololol dam creeps. just block everyone that tries girl.

• No not really, unless they were really friggin tall like 7 feet or over, I might be put off lol. A lot of short girls hate their height, but I don't mind in the least.

• Because the girls on here throw out numbers of wanting 6 inches taller or more and guys usually just say shorter is good. They don't say I'm 5'8" she has to be 5'0".

• And girlsaskguys is clearly the only representation of the world. There's no such thing as the REAL WORLD?

Seems to me like the height thing is used as a crutch, an excuse for the real reasons

• Oh so that means you do, but hold it back. LOL Seriously though you got cyber requests from a height question?...

• Oh yeah. Dude was quick to bring up my username and whether I got it from Eva Angelina

Ok, get a clue, EVANgelina and Eva Angelina are different. Such a dumbass

• Nah I don't give a damn about height at all.

• As a tall guy I will say I have gotten recognition for it, and undue praze from people throughout life. I guess if a short guy is insecure about his height and sees a tall guy getting attention he might get jealous.

• Think of it like this. A tall guy gets praise like, wow look at this big guy, he could be a pro basketball player or a football star. This is an ego boost, it says you are masculine. You are a man. You are a winner. If someone says, hell look at this little guy. He could be a jockey. It's going to come off as insulting, belittling (no pun intended). Guys like to be big, because big is manly. It's like a right of passage. Go kill the bear type of thing. =P

• For whatever reason, I prefer tall girls (around 6'0" would be cool). It's just a preference, and I would definitely date shorter. It's not a big deal to me, really.

• Exactly. Too many tall girls on here use it as a crutch. Instead of considering that they may very well be ugly or lack personality, try blame height and claim guys don't like tall girls

What Girls Said 7

• Damn, I was going to try and cyber you. Way to ruin my mojo.

Height means nothing to me because in my life I've seen maybe 3 or 4 guys shorter than me. I'd date a guy of any height, I really don't care. Honestly, I'd be more upset about him being too tall than being too short. My boyfriend is 6' and I wish he were shorter.

• No not really but people over exaggerate it to make it seem like it is.

I believe that there's someone in the world for everybody. So it doesn't matter how tall you are. Some people may lie to themselves saying that's why they are single. It may give them pride or make them feel less sh*tty about themselves. And I really can't be picky since I am extremely tall ( 5'10 ) But I know you didn't ask this but I wouldn't mind dating someone a couple inches shorter then me :D.

• i don't really really mind but tall guys with fit bodies make you feel protected especially when you're with them if you get what I mean, its not always something to do with attractiveness just the feeling you get when they're with them

• I always say its not a big deal...

i am 5'5 ...some dudes are my height...Honestly idgfa...if I like someone...i usually think they are perfect the way they are.

• I like guys that are 5'3-5'11 by the way I'm 5'4

Guys that ask questions like that just want to hear what they think is true and if you tell them otherwise they block you :p

• LOL @ your update! :D

• i wouldn't date someone shorter than me, I'm 5'6