How Important are the clothes a guy wears to a girl?

I mean does it have to be like Holliester or something like that?

Most Helpful Girl

• I know this is kind of stereotypical but if I see a guy wearing Hollister, I am honestly less likely to get to know him. I just don't want to get to know him because I don't really like the kind of guy that Hollister attracts. So just like most of the girls that answered have said, you should wear something that shows off your personality. Then you will attract the kind of girl that you want.

Oh and I am working on trying to be a little less stereotypical when it comes to guys wearing hollister and abercrombie.

• It shouldnt matter I wear hollister because I like the CLOTHES that says something about my sense of style not personality

• Ok and that's why I said that I am working on getting over being stereotypical about Hollister.

What Girls Said 11

• for me brand names aren't important. all I'm looking for is for the guy to have his sense of style cause I agree, what you wear shows off ur personality. as long as you look good in what you have ur fine, it shows that you care about yourself and that you take the time to look after yourself.

• Not at all important, I like a guy who is simple in terms of what he wears. I'm pretty happy with just a simple shirt, and jeans. Maybe it's because I don't want a guy to be too picky with me. As long as he's presentable, it's okay. ;*)

• Thank you, I guess the person who said it matters should not count because he works there.

• I don't have a porn addiction though.

• That's good. I just thought it was such a random comment from Hollister that Ithought it was funny. ;*) Nothing personal *_*

• As long as he looks good and stylish I don't really care what brand he wears. I know some guys who wear the same boring clothes every day (pair of boring blue jeans and a very boring sweater) and honestly I would not be (immediatly) attracted to such a guy.

You don't have to spend your money on brands to look nice, but at least make an effort to look like you made a slight effort ^^

• No you don't have to wear hollister or other name brands. Just as long as it works for you and doesn't look sloppy. So, clothes aren't that important to girls. Most of the time it is the guy thinking that it is so he buys these expensive clothes, or he just likes those brands.

• Just be in style, have good hygiene, and that sort of thing. If you are cute, clean and neat the brand doesn't matter.

Personal pet peeve - bad breath, teeth, dental habits.

• clothes matter ALOT to me. but with that being said, I don't look for brand names at all. for me, your clothing reflects your personality. so bottom line is, look nice and wear what you like, and you'll most likely get the type of girls you wanna attract. and if its your style, wear nike dunks. any guy looks good in them, seriously.

• personally, I don't care too much. I like simple. and I don't want a guy who looks prettier or seems to be competing with me in style. as for labels, they don't really catch my eye.

• Not important really. I mean, I think we'd rather you wear something that's not full of stains and if you only wear free tradeshow shirts, we might get annoyed. But really, I could care less. :]

• I actually like guys that DON'T buy into the brand thing better because I like rugged guys and the brands seem girlie to me, but it varies from girl to girl. It all depends on what you like. I mean obviously the general things almost all girls like is a guy that smells good and isn't dirty. Showering, brushing your teeth, and maybe a little bit of cologne is really all you need to worry about.

• No, I don't care about brand names on a guy. If he looks nice that's all that matters to me.

• just aslong as he doesn't always wear the exact same thing every time you see him its allgoods.

What Guys Said 1

• Dressing up is not only a showcase of confidence, but respect for your appearance and yourself.