How often should I wash my hair?

i currently wash my hair everyday do you think this is too much? how often should I wash my hair?

Most Helpful Girl

• How often should I wash my hair?

Depends on your hair type, activities you do, whether you're a serious sweater, and if your hair is oily.

i currently wash my hair everyday do you think this is too much?

I think everyday is too much for most people.

how often should I wash my hair?

Every other day or once a week while dry shampooing after strenuous activity suits most.

What Girls Said 11

• Washing your hair depends on your hair type and physical activity.

If you sweat and/or your scalp/hair is oily, you should probably wash every single day or alternate dry shampoo with regular shampoo.

If your hair normal or dry, I suggest every other day, using just conditioner on the days which you do not wash.

My hair is dry & curly and I wash every other day.

• The general rule is that every other day is healthy because if you wash your hair everyday it could dry out your scalp. However, you should wash your hair after a long workout or after being at the beach/pool.

• You should bath everyday, but washing your hair depends on your skin type. If you have dry skin you should condition only. If you have oily skin you should wash your hair regularly.

• The proper way to do it is every other day. When you wash your hair every day it strips your natural oils which isn't too good.

• Once every other day.

• i wash mine every other day but apparently your only supposed to wash it 2-3 times a week and use dry shampoo to keep it looking good. depends on your hair length, if its short then you should be able to get away with it by using gel or wax.

• every other day

• Nah it is fine it depends on your physical activities ans hair type. I think once every other day is "ideal" but I have oily hair and I work out many days so I generally end up washing it pretty much every day

• that's perfectly fine

• How often do you wash the rest of your body? You sweat on your head as much as you do on other parts of your body. But I hear that it is not good for the skin nor the hair to use shampoo and soap too often. Just make sure you don''t smell and that you look clean and that is enough.

• i wash the rest of my body everyday as well

• yeah it's too much...every other day should do!

What Guys Said 1

• I wash my hair with water everyday too, but use shampoo only once a week.