How to keep my bike rack from being stolen?

I take my bike to school with me (university). I've been taking the bike rack off the car and putting it in the trunk during classes but I'm getting tired of that. Is there an easier way to keep it from being stolen?

Most Helpful Guy

• I use a 14 lb chain called an Onguard Chain. I think it's the Onguard 5018 chain. It's super thick and I use it to chain up my bike. I don't know about a bike rack, though. Maybe you could chain the bike rack to a pole or something but then you might as well put it in the trunk.

• Yeah, I have a cable to lock the bike itself. Do you think people would leave it alone if I locked the rack to the car? You could probably still get it off but it'd be more difficult and you'd have to take the rack apart.

• How much does the rack cost? If it's worth a lot of money, I wouldn't try it. If it's $50 or less, I'd go ahead and lock it to the car like you suggest. If it's $100 or more, I'd probably put it in the trunk if it were me.

What Girls Said 2

• honestly that is not a hot item to be stolen, I think you'd be fine if you left it, maybe get a different style rack that is harder to take on and off.

• pay for parking, don't park in the street

What Guys Said 1

• Dye it pink, rofl