Girls: What does black eye liner do for you?

I've noticed that a lot of girls that I've found attractive usually have black eye liner on. What exactly does it do for your eyes because I don't know what it is about it that makes girls with it that much more attractive to me?

Also what does the effect of blue eye liner have on your eyes because I usually find girls wearing blue eye liner to look ugly?

Anyone know why men wear black eye liner?

Most Helpful Girl

• Black eye liner will make your eye pop and look bigger.

Blue eye liner will look pretty weird if the girls has any other color than blue eyes.it clashes. lol

that's why!

• That makes sense, when I see girls with brown eyes wearing blue eye liner, I think it just makes their eyes look ugly.

• Ya blue eye liner looks weird on brown eyes...Green isn't so bad because it doesn't clash, but even blue eye shadow looks weird.

What Girls Said 10

• I wear dark brown-black eye liner. It makes depth and it can be a foundation for a smokey eye and with colours, it complements an out fit or other eye shadow colours. If I use purple eye liner, it will be with lilac/ violet/ shimmer eye shadows.

I rarely wear blue. I only wear dark brown because it goes well with my hair and eye colour ^_^

• I wear dark brown too! :) I find black is just too dark....makes me look goth. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I don't like the look on me. lol

• I totally agree....black just looks weird. And about the time thing, man make-up can be time consuming..and I only wear mascara, eye liner and sometimes eyeshadow. But I stay away from green because it makes me look sick. lol those seem like some pretty awesome color matching though, maybe I'll try those. :)

• ^_^ Thankx. I try. I've made mistakes lol. But yeah, I don't like wearing crazy colours like green either, I heard guys just like natural best so I'm usually wearing gray or the 'wildest' is violet.

• Black eyeliner makes the eyes pop out more and in my case makes my eye color lighter.(light to medium brown eyes) Also it depends on the shape of the eyes, some girls like myself have big round eyes, so eyeliner gives them a more almond shape. I wear blue and dark brown too and they all have the same effect. it just depends on ur complexion. unless your into a gothic look, the lighter you are the less you should wear. and usually men who wear black eyeliner are into a gothic or rocker look.

• I couldn't comment back on my thing, or add anything.

But guys wear black eyeliner (guyliner) because it's a trend right now. I think it looks horrible, but judging from a little bit of googling, a lot of girls think it looks hot.

• I think black eyeliner tends to make eye color pop a lot more.

I've never seen anyone wear blue eyeliner.

• Black eye liner makes a girls' eyes come out more bigger than they already are. That's makeup my friend. I used to wear a lot of eye liner when I was 15 and now I hate it. natural makeup makes a girl even more beautiful. Now to answer your other question. If a girl has blue eyes and she has a black eyeliner on, her eyes will appear more bright, since they are blue.

• Actually, the contrary is true about blue eyes. The opposite color of a bright blue, brown and chocolate, make blue eyes pop, blue liner won't do much.

• A study I read shows that men are naturally attracted to girls who's eyes are shaded darker or the "smokey eye makeup effect". It's sexier, simple as that.

• Ooooh guyliner- only a few men can pull that off. Gerard Way, Pete Wentz, and of course Johnny Depp. Phew, work it! :)

• Black eyeliner makes your eyelashes look thicker and it makes your eyes more defined, thus drawing more attention to them

• Men with eyeliner? Billie Joe Armstrong! Yeah, Green Day rocks!

• Me and my friend have brown eyes and we put purple eyeliner on and got heaps of compliments on it. It brings out the brown in your eyes. It doesn't look good on everyone though and it depends on what clothes you're wearing and if they go with it or not. But you can't overdo it or you'll look like a tranny.

What Guys Said 0