Should men shave their arm pitts?

I swim quite a lot and obviously being a man I have armpit hair, it is not massive but it is there. Do women find it very unattractive? Would you prefer a shaven armpit over a natural hairy one?

Uploaded a pic in my profile, hope it isn't too disgusting :-/

Most Helpful Girl

• just trim,if they bother you-shave,but you're not expected to shave them

What Girls Said 10

• its not that big a deal on guys. but if they have alott of arm pit hair it could do with a bit of a trim.

• I don't find it unattractive, I'm totally fine with it! But I'm also not opposed to a shaven armpit on a guy either. Your call.

• If it's that big of a deal to you, trim. Don't shave. Unless you're a pro swimmer, in that case I could understand having to shave it, it's just weird if you shave your underarms.

• No. You are a man, it's masculine. As long as it doesn't smell like sh*t you will be a OK. I don't know if women in the U.K feel the same way though.

• Men are hairy creatures and that is one reason to why we like them. :P

SO as long as it is not too much, it is sexy. From your pic, that is fine.

• No! Don't do it! LOL

• you're a man you should have hair lol no don't shave it.

• DON'T SHAVE U'R A MAN...

• LOL, what SEXY picture. :D

• no. that would look strange

What Guys Said 8

• I sometimes shave my armpits, depends how I feel that day, but most of the time I just trim it to a nice neat length about 1/2 to 1 cm. It cuts down the sweat it holds and my deodorant gets to the skin, keeping me dryer and not smell bad when I really get sweaty moments.

I'm naturally not hairy so I keep it to proportion to the rest of my body hair.

• Nope

• Do not shave your arm Pitts just because you swim from time to time dose not mean you are train for a swim meet

• I say if it helps you compete and swim better, go for it. I went to high school with this guy that shaved his body hair, and we teased him about it but he knew we were joking. We didn't think anything of it because we knew be was a swimmer.

• Real men are hairy and smell.

Grow a beard.

ODIN!

• I shave my pit hair, but only cause I have thick hair and I've just gotten used to it.

• Yes they should. I shave my armpits sometimes as I find it very sensual & sexy

• At some point, someone persuaded me to try clipping it close claiming it would radically cut down how much they stink (and yes, I bathe regularly).

To my surprise, it was true. A shower and some deodorent now and 24 hours later there's generally no unpleasant smell.