Does physical attractiveness play a huge part in making friends?

Do prettier people actually have a significant advantage in making friends initially? Or does it not really matter?

What makes a person more approachable to others? Why do some people have tons of friends while some have trouble even keeping one?

I am 22 years old and I don't even have a single close friend. Sometimes I feel like going crazy because I don't have a single person I can talk to or hang out with in person. This leaves me stuck at home with my mother, who I don't get along with AT ALL, and I have to force myself to go out in public with her which usually results in embarrassment and looking like a big grown baby with her mommy.

People with a lot of friends, what is your secret? And how do you make people in school or at work approach you easily?

why does it seem like I see more average looking people with more friends?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think more attractive people do find it easier to make friends, just because there are a lot of people that just want to be around beautiful things. Also because the chances are their more confident too and this may make them easier to talk to. Although I also believe that people befriend others that have at least one or two similar physical characteristics. Whether is be height, build or face shape there is usually always one.

What Guys Said 2

• Not giving a crap what others think of you, this might still be considered confidence. When you don't care what others think about you, you tend to approach people more often since you really don't care if they like you or not. Also you seem to be more open with them since you reveal more of your personality, which means you can touch someone on a more personal level.

• Not to me

What Girls Said 3

• I think that attractiveness has nothing to do with making friends. People who are friendly get more friends. And you can have lots of "friends" but only a few can be your TRUE friends.

What matters is their "quality" not how many they are. ;)

• Not to me.

I go by Niceness and Interest and Funnyness.

• People say it isn't important, but it actually is.

People make friends on the primary basis of physical attractiveness...

I'm not talking about beautiful people hanging out with beautiful people.

i'm taking about people hanging out with other people who they find attractive. Mutual belief in being attractive holds them together.