Would you prefer curly hair or straight hair on your head? Goes for girls and guys?

I like my hair straight better than curly but other people disagree with me .. I mean I have curly hair but I like always straighten it. I feel like I'm glad to have curly hair Because I can straighten it or leave it curly but like I kinda wish I had straight hair

Most Helpful Girl

• I have curly hair like:

link

When I was younger I used to wish I had straight hair. Straight hair is more acceptable in society, more praised and seen as more attractive and feminine.

But now that I'm older, 17 LOL, I appreciate that my hair is curly.

I've learned, being both a curly headed girl as well as biracial(black and Hispanic), curly hair, like any hair can be beautiful if the person knows how to take care of it.

Since June, I've adopted a natural haircare routine, making sure to use Petrochemical, sulfate and paraben free shampoos and conditioners. I deep condition once a week. I use Extra Virgin Coconut Oil as my leave in conditioner, although twice a week I use Dabur Amla oil and every now and then either EVOO or sunflower oil as a leave in conditioner.

I like that I have the option to straighten it as well as leave it curly.

Curly hair is more interesting and versatile in my opinion. I'm not trying to put down straight hair, but I am happy with their hair I have and I like that even when it's straight, it's textured, so I can add as much volume or body as I want.

Straight is very nice, don't get me wrong, not to mention, most guys prefer it, but I like that mine is more...dynamic? lol

• Yeah, I'm with you on that. I constantly struggle with how I should wear my hair.

I know that I love my curly hair, but living in a predominately white area-- others don't seem to appreciate it. And it doesn't really matter at first, but when I get such great feedback for having straight hair and the opposite from having curly hair it's really discouraging.

I miss living in my old town where Hispanics and blacks made the majority :\

• Yeah, I think part of the reason I felt so uncomfortable with my curly hair when I was younger, was that I went to a predominately white school, so my hair was quite different than theirs and I feared getting picked on.

But, at my high school, which is mostly black and Hispanic, they sort of don't care about what you wear or how you do your hair or makeup. It's a free for all.

My attitude has definitely changed depending on my environment.

What Guys Said 3

• I like straight hair, because it's easier to maintain when short like mine.

If you wanna get a better view about hair, watch the documentary from Chris Rock called "Good Hair" , it's very insightful. Straight hair makes people feel more relaxed around you. LMAO

• I prefer straight hair on women. The little curls are nice but only sometimes. I have curly hair but when it gets too long I get a fro. So I cut it short.

• Whatever your natural hair is good enough for me.

What Girls Said 9

• I prefer my hair curly, because it looks better that way. My hair usually dries in ringlets if I don't do anything with it. Straightening is nice on occasion, but I rarely do it. It's kind of pointless where I live because we have a really high level of humidity. Any bit of moisture will make my hair poof up and start to curl again. So I just let it do its thing. =]

• Sometimes I wear my hair curly & sometimes I wear it straight, but I think straight hair fits me better. So I prefer straight.

• My hair is wavy and thick so I just wish it was thinner first of all and then either keep it wavy or straight would work I just wish it was thinner

• Curly hair

• straight. I hate how my hair is now its a wavy mess /: Lol but I straighten it or curl it daily.

• Straight, when I want it curly, I can do that too. When I do, it doesn't get frizzy. Win-win.

• I'm just like you lol. I have naturally cury/wavy hair but I like it straight best

• i like straight hair for myself

• My hair sucks. It's not curly or straight. it's neither and it's both. so I always straightened it. I make up it's mind for it.