Do you think that uglier girls tend to wear more colorful/bright clothing to get attention?

Do you think ugly/average borderline girls tend to place more emphasis on wearing flashy and bright clothing as opposed to the pretty girl who might look decent in dull/conservative clothing?

Or is it the other way around?

Most Helpful Girl

• idk...I think it has more to do with personality than physical appearance

What Guys Said 6

• Definitely. Especially their makeup. I've noticed that the more overweight a girl is, the more colorful her makeup is.

• Sounds plausible to me.

• This is true.

• Nope,I don't think so. I always look at the face first and that's what gets my attention.

• I think all girls wear particular clothes in order to get attention.

• no..i think girls that like bright colors do

What Girls Said 6

• I've noticed that the more attractive girls wear more trendy and fun clothing because they have the looks to pull it off. So IMO it's the other way around

• I think it's personal preference not because they're less attractive. Possibly lower cut tops though...

• No.

• Hmm.. don't know. I've seen plenty of ugly girls wear dark clothes.

• I have only seen this happen a few times- and for those girls I think they were trying to get attention.

• I think it's more about self esteem not so much looks. I know a girl who's pretty who wears mostly black but doesn't think she's pretty...just recently she's feeling more attractive so the other day she wore pink for like the first time in years. so it might reflect how a girl feels about herself not so much how she actually looks. Another girl I know isn't all that attractive and she wears a lot of bright colors and likes to get a lot of attention and that's the way she gets it.

so you're onto something but I'm not sure if it's actual looks or just their own perception of themselves.