Why do girls go crazy over French accents?

There is this quiet French guy in one of my classes, and girls go just nuts over him. Especially when he talks girls will look at him and giggle quietly. WTF he isn't even anything special looking. from what I can tell... He's just a short french guy with a big nose.

Most Helpful Guy

• I read somewhere it has to do with biodiversity. Meaning a good way to for a female to seek a partner with genetics dissimilar to her family is to find a mate from outside the tribe. A different accent was a good indicator of this biodiversity.

Don't know if there is any truth to that... But it's what I read somewhere...

• You answer is best, you actually answered the question instead of saying "it is just hot!11"

• lol I'll take it thanks!

What Girls Said 8

• I've been thinking about this a lot. I think it's because they have a more nasally voice and use tones which English speakers only use when they are being intimate with someone (Or saying something intimate).

I mean when you're declaring your love to someone, the tone you use is considerably more softer and deeper. Which pretty much is the French accent.

• What Are you? A tall American with a small nose? French guys are just hot. It's in their genes

• Its the same thing as a French girl, why do you find a French girl with an accent hot? You should yourself that question..

I don't think French accents are hot, each person has what they like about someone, you are just jealous because he is getting all the attention right now. He's the shiny toy :)

• I don't.

• ask yourself* jeez.

• I've never found a girl with a french accent hot. It's just...there. As matter of fact I'm more annoyed than anything when I hear a girl with an accent..

• Girls like accents... do french accents do anything for me? F***no but give me an Irish accent and you've got me lol

• They way a man's voice sounds and the way he speaks can turn us (or off) and a french accent just sounds hot

• The same reason why guys would go crazy over a girl with a cute accent.

• Guys don't go crazy over any accent.

• Oh wow, that comment really showed me.

• Oh well, all that matters is I could kick his frenchie *** in front of all the females that adore his nasty french ***

• Because it's hot!

• I don't think French accents suit a guy :D I think it's way feminine.

What Guys Said 2

• yeah, why can't they go crazy about a cute Chinese accent right.

"Ello welcome to sh*tty wok, can I take youl odel please" "Yes, we have sh*tty beef and sh*tty chicken, is that all?"

• Lots in Aspen... link