Should I get plastic surgery?

I had swine flu a few years back, blacked out and smacked my face on the concrete in my garden. I only hit the one side of my face and it's left me with a bump on my left cheekbone and brow bone. I know that no one's face is perfectly symmetrical, but one of my eyebrows is now a lot higher on the left than the right, my left cheekbone is more prominent and my mouth is wonky. At first I never noticed but then I had passport photos done and I realised. I was originally going to get my cheekbone looked at by a doctor to see what was up with it, but never got round to it because I thought it was just swelling and that it would go down. Ever since I noticed the difference, it's all I can seem to focus on. It doesn't bother me that much and it's easy to cover up with my hair down, but it limits me to a few hair and make up choices. I've tried make up to make it look more symmetrical but that's really hard to do when one side is now quite a lot different to the other. I'm not going to lie, another reason why I'm a little self conscious about it is because of guys. I don't know if I'm pretty or not, if I had to be honest I'd say I wasn't, and I'm worried that the asymmetry in my face might put them off. I know it sounds stupid, but it does worry me. I've been considering surgery for 2 years now, I know that it can be dangerous and I know that it's not cheap. I'm not stupid, I've been searching around for all kinds of information. The reason I'm having trouble deciding isn't just because of these things, but because I'm quite a natural girl. I like a natural look and I feel like I'm cheating myself and other people if I get this fixed, but it bothers me so I'm confused. I know people do it all the time and it would certainly be a one time thing, just for a correction, but I just don't know. I go to the doctors a lot to get my pill, so would it be worth asking about it at my next doctors appointment and asking them to look at my face and get their verdict on it?I know plastic surgery is serious, hence when I'm asking for your help. Thanks for all your advice :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd personally say no. Then again if it's going to help you feel more comfortable in your own body and make you more confident you should probably do it just for peace of mind. You should really talk it over with your family and friends and see what they think. Good luck.

What Guys Said 2

• if you want, do it. Nobody should tell you what to do with your own body :)

• yeah, we're going to need to see it to make an accurate judgement, but I'm not a fan of plastic surgery myself

What Girls Said 1

• Post a picture so we know how bad it is , but then again its your face