For some reason I can't curl my hair. Ladies advice please?

So for some reason I can't curl my hair): I want big waves but I can only use my little wand curler to make little curls any advice on how to curl my hair into big luscious waves? Thanks

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on the reason ..

a) If you lack skills then you need to repeat and repeat until you get it right ! .. My sister was really ignorant with these stuff and in almost a year she became a pro .. and she is just 15!

b) If your hair doesn't curl .. then you and I share the same issue. My hair is so straight that if I curl it , it ends up straight in a half an hour !.. However.. what really works for me .. is taking my hair and dividing it in two parts ( up and down , or left and right .. but up and down are better since I can manage the volume and stuff ) .. and I twist them in a bun .. and leave it for as much as possible .. sometimes I do it at night and take it off in the morning .. I get perfect loose curls.. but still I have to spray a ton of spray to make it stay on for at least a day .. this really works :) .. it's the same idea as braiding but I don't like braiding .. it doesn't come out in curls!

c) If you have not the correct tools. My sister has one straightener and she does everything with it ! .. again I repeat .. it took her one year to know how to handle it perfectly! .. so you can invest in a straightener ( which does curls as well) or a bigger hair curler .. you can also get those plastic rolls.. they work too but are harder to use imo ..

Good luck :)

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 7

• link

I have different textured hair than you. But you should try the braiding method. Do this at night before you sleep. Divide your hair into sections. The number sections depend on you and how tight you want your curls to be. Then, you take a section, wet it, brush it and add some product to the hair that would sort of solidify the curl pattern (like hair spray or gel that doesn't flake). Then, you braid the section. If your hair is too silky for braids then put a rubber band at the end of the braid. Continue this until all the sections have been wet, brushed, applied with product and braided. I suggest you sleep with a night cap or some kind of sleeping cap to product the hair from coming out and getting frizzy. In the morning just take out your braids and shake the hair out until it's to the desired volume. I hope this helps. Good luck.

• Yupp, you can do it. They won't turn out AS well as if you used a wide barrel curling wand, but it's still possible. Curl your hair using thicker section and clamp it for longer. When you release it, it'll look like a ringlet. Twist it around your finger and pin it with a bobby pin. Do this to your whole head, pinning all of them. Spray your hair with a setting mist or something. Release your hair and shake it out a bit. Then carefully run your fingers through the curls, separating and loosening them.

Should work a treat :) Otherwise you can curl them with a straightener, if you have a slim one.

• You can use your straighteners, wrap a strand of hair around it and pull it down all the way to the ends, the quicker you do it the looser the curl so if you go down really slowly you'll have tight curls. YouTube it :-) x

• You can braid. Or twist wet hair then take it down after it dries

• invest in a curler with a bigger barrel

• I can't curl mine either :(

• put a ton of mouse in your hair, then do what michelle phan does with an old shirt or with a paper bag. You cut it into strips, put it in your hair and wa-la you have curles in a few hours. Here's the tutorial:

link