I've been fantasizing about this girl a lot that I met. Is this bad? Am I mentally cheating on my girlfriend?

So I met this girl at my O. Chem class and I've been fantasizing about her every which way. She is incredibly hot and we just chatted once. We did nothing beyond talk. But I am in a 3 year relationship and I really love my girlfriend. But is it bad I've been thinking about this girl so much?

Most Helpful Girl

• Fantasizing about her is fine to me,many people did that too and its pretty common.I don't think that you are mentally cheating on her,unless if you have intention to do that in real with her then yes it is.Its not bad but if you keep thinking of her more than your own girlfriend that's not cool tho...

What Girls Said 2

• Best thing about fantasies is that your the only person that knows about them. And honestly I believe cheating Is implying you like someone. Or doing something with someone.

But fantasies are fantasies for a reason. They are to imagine what you don't have.

And in the end of the day who do you love?

The girl you fantasize about? Or your 3 year relationship?

And I think we both know the answer.

• Yes, I would consider that mentally cheating

What Guys Said 3

• You may adore her but that's all you can do and nothing more than that. If you love your girlfriend don't look at other girls but only her because she's the best girl in your world. If you don't think so right now you might found that out later on if you guys ever break up. I think it's cheating if you've been fantasizing about her in any way that is related to pleasure or lust.

• Its definitely something to think about. I wouldn't consider it cheating or whatever, but you need to take a step back and see if you're actually satisfied with your girlfriend. If you aren't then try to spice it up if you wanna stay with her, cause it sounds like you're bored.

• tough one everyones wired differently even if I'm with someone I can fall hard for someone else and temptation is irresistable sometimes. everyone knows right from wrong...but I thinkm ost humans are not built for monogomy. I mean that's why divorce rate is so high and infidelity. But if you have cheated before and they type to cheat then you probably will. but how hot is this chick...hhahahah.