Do beautiful women date pretty or hot men?

i ask this because I've heard women would feel that these men are likely to cheat, one of my female friends said something similar

is this accurate or a myth

Most Helpful Girl

• Do beautiful women date pretty or hot men? Yes just because women are less visual than men it doesn't mean women don't care about looks

is this accurate or a myth

Beautiful women don't date hot guys is a myth ugly/average guys perpetuate because they want to date beautiful women.

Hot men are likely to cheat is another myth ugly/average guys perpetuate because they don't want girls to go after hot men. Most men are likely to cheat no matter their own looks the deciding factor isn't looks but options and opportunity.

• I certainly agree that people tend to believe those things which make them feel the best, but at least in this case it doesn't make it untrue. Attractive people have more options, more opportunities to cheat. That doesn't mean attractiveness equates to a greater willingness to cheat, but it does however mean that in the long run they'll be more likely to cheat. Just like two men may be equally willing to steal a large sum of money, but the one working in a bank is more likely to do it.

• The same can be said for almost anything else. A person born in a neighborhood filled with kids who play basketball is not intrinsically more likely to enjoy playing basketball, but the fact that he's surrounded by the sport makes it considerably more likely that he'll end up being good at it -- because he'll play it more often. An attractive man simply has more opportunities to cheat because women are more willing to have sex with him.

Not a difficult concept. Dead horse thoroughly kicked. ;)

• @Warren

Gotcha.

But why mention which guy has more opportunities when I already stated that "Most men are likely to cheat no matter their own looks the deciding factor isn't looks but options and opportunity."?

That right there implies that it's opportunity that makes men cheaters not looks

What Girls Said 13

• Well, yeah. Of course that's accurate. What initially attracts someone is looks. I guess it depends. I have dated guys that are average looking, that we're really nice. But I have also dated guys that I think are really f***ing hot, but in the end had not so good personalities. I guess the better looking someone is, the more you wannna believe what a nice person they are. To do with cheating, I do think attractive guys will cheat because they always have that option and that route to take, and a lot of the time there's no way their girlfriend is even gonna find out they took that path.

But we all have different veiws on whose attractive and whose not. Just like, I may think I'm ugly and you may think I'm the prettiest girl you've ever seen. You know what I mean?

• Confident.

• Uh... I'm sure some people might think like that, but plenty don't.

• All pretty girls have different types such as some like manly men , some like smart men , others prefer sensitive men

• Well this certainley isn't true for everyone, but I read somewhere that marriage are way more likley to work out, if the woman is prettier than her partner.

I think that often, average or slightly below average are seen more as marriage material compared to very attractive men, precisley for the reason you stated. they are "safer". There are many exeptions but I think in a way your friend is right

• I definitely don't want a pretty one. While hotness is all well and good, it's usually only jerks or egotistical guys that are hot.

I go for cute guys (and no, not 8 year old type of cute). They seem more genuine, sweet, and just everything I'd want in a guy.

• He wouldn't need to cheat when he's with me :)

jk I'm not cocky but I don't mind either of them... I go for players so I'm used to it

• I have heard that but my friends that are pretty do want that hot rugged guy, some are a little too shallow. It's sad. :(

• All depends on what kind of girl she is. Every girl has a different personality and or preference on guys.

• i say beautiful women date ugly guys.

• I used to believe this but I found that less attractive men are no less likely to cheat than the more attractive ones.

• Yeah. It's true. I tend to go for guys less attractive than me because then I feel more secure... not cause I think he'll cheat but because I feel he'll want me more/work harder in the relationship than if he were super hot with girls fawning over him. :) reality check!

• But what if he ends up feeling insecure of himself, because he knows he is less attractive than you are?

I'm dating someone attractive now, and it's going well. But before him, I was dating someone ugly - and later on I realized that he had a soul to match!

• I would never let him feel insecure though. I make the guys Ilike feel like gods basically.. I'm very loyal and attentive and good at making people feel good haha. if I like someone they will feel damn good looking.

But I do agree that sometimes that situation goes the wrong way, in which case I guess... it depends on the person. petty people can be ugly. ugly people can be beautiful on the inside... situational really.

• yupp that's pretty accurate (:

What Guys Said 6

• pretty f***in accurate, if you're only talking about attractive girls that's true. if you don't think its true observe and even talk to one, but keep this question only in your your mind, and try to get an answer. from them if you're not enough satisfied with mine.

• they probably think that because better looking guys have more options hence increasing their chance of cheating. But nothing says ugly people don't cheat as much, actually I would think that the people who cheat most are insecure greedy scumbags and it has nothing to do with looks.

• Most girls like guys who are originally cute and hot . Not the ones that are wannabes. I found out that in my class most women like me and my friends than those guys who have a bunch of chains and bands on there hands or showing off there phones. But also being nice is a big factor.

• They date the hotties, but marry the average looking guy

• there's never be a rule for relationships, all the possibilities are possible

• It varies based on her own security.