Is it true when you say to a girl "you're beautiful" you really like her?

Its so hard trying to figure out the opposite gender. Is it true when you say to a girl "you're beautiful" you really like her. I always hear a guy say "your hot, sexy, cute" but rarely do I ever hear a guy say "your beautiful" to a girl. Is there any reason for this?

Just trying to get in a guys mind.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not a word that springs to mind when we're talking about girls.

It's a word that smacks of sincere emotion, and guys don't like to verbalise sincere emotion. Much better to say "She's hot" or "She's smokin" because it's shallower, but conveys the same information "I would like to f*** her".

What Guys Said 35

• When a guy says "beautiful" to a girl it usually means a lot more than "hot" or "sexy" or "cute" or "pretty". Usually saying "hot" or "sexy" is just purely looks (but a sexual type of looks), "pretty" is purely looks but is just a nice type of looks rather than a sexual type, and "cute" is both pretty and nice in personality. "Beautiful" is what you say when you're really really really into the girl and you love her personality and also think she looks really good. So yeah there's a reason you don't hear guys calling girls "beautiful" very often.

P.S.: Wow lol, a whole 1000 points for this :P

• But at the same time, just as a lot of guys say stuff like "I love you" a lot when they don't even know what it really means, a lot of guys might say "beautiful" because they have a different meaning in their minds than others. For all I know, I'm the weird one ha ha for having that definition of "beautiful".

• Ooh +3 points :D ha ha :P

• No, words are cheap.

You shouldn't over-analyze the semantics of what a guy says to you. The choice of words a guy uses to describe you has more to do with his style than what he means.

Remember the age-old saying, "Actions speak louder than words."

If a guy really likes you, he will show it. It can be obvious without him saying one word. In general, while flattery is a good sign, it's not enough to demonstrate how much the guy really likes you.

You just have to look at what the guy does. Look at how he acts when you're around. Does he do things that show he's always thinking of you? Is he conscious of how he behaves around you? Do you see any patterns in the little things he does? That sort of thing.

• i reserve it for a special girl. hot and sexy can be any girl. beautiful and gorgeous I reserve for my special girl.

• It's easy to say I love you quickly when you're going out the door or when you're having sex, but what is it when you say it slow and stare at their eyes not looking away once. Words have power and depending about how people feel about some words, beautiful is reserved for that wowing effect on your life. You say, You're beautiful when you notice that she is beautiful and you're blinded to everything else. Some men can say anything though and not mean it, but the reason we have words is to communicate, so if you have faith in that, then the guy who says you're beautiful really likes ya, B.

• IMO, you should NOT assume that the two are connected. I've told a lot of girls that they were beautiful even though I did not have feelings for them.

Guys will usually make it pretty obvious if they like you, unless they are the shy type. This isn't one of the more reliable indicators, though.

• Despite what these people are saying. I would have to say that it is very easy for me to use beautiful as a compliment to someone I am somewhat interested in a girl but I don't have to LIKE her to say it. Just interested.

• Yeah beautiful is what you say when you really like a person. Its looks and what your like on the inside and all of your traits together.

• I like all women, but I rarely ever tell them the truth about their beauty. Compliments always bring more rewards than truth.

• Beautiful word is a very powerful word. Mostly it is used for a real manipulation, but sometimes guys using it just to get laid. We live in F...ed Up World what can I say ;)

• I would say kinda. Your definitely attractive to him, so he may like you, but it doesn't instantly mean he likes you. I know girls that are just horrible people, but they are quite attractive. Borderline beautiful. At least on the outside.

• no it's just what lame guys use to try to get in your pants and it fails every time unless you're really drunk and/or fat.

• I only tell a woman she's beautiful if I think she is. That doesn't mean I really like her though. For me it is just an observation and a compliment. No implication for a date or anything more than a thank you reply. I have beautiful friends that I would never date because I know it wouldn't ever work out.

• beautiful is reserved for my number 1.

• The answer is no! We just tell her that because it helps you to appreciate us more. I will tell her that if she has been loyal, when she does something good or just to help her confidence. It's not the same as cute and hot because that implies we are attracted probably physically.

So to like her I would say if you get

"hot" + "beautiful" = likes you everywhere. or

"cute" + "sweet" = likes you at home. or

"hot" + "sweet" = likes you in bed.

• beautiful- 10/10+ personality

hot- 10/10, 9/10

cute- 8/10, 7/10

average- 6/10, 5/10

everything else is under

• From my ezperience I only say to a tell that she's beautiful because I like her and she drives me crazy but in other cases I can tell a girl that she's hot when she has a nice body but I wouildnt date her and or have any feelings towards her.

• Compliments can be cruel, selfish tools, be warned

• its just too long to pronounce.

Be-au-ti-ful .

and when we say Beatiful we don't mean Only the looks

• It really depends on the situation. When I tell a girl she's beautiful, its cause I like her and I mean it. If you in a bad place and someone is obviously trying to cheer you up, then they might tell you that to raise your spirits. If he says it to you in a more private or personal setting- just the two of you in the conversation- then it does mean he likes you.

• It means he cares for her more than the rest.

• I guess for certain guys, saying you are beautiful is a higher threshold which they attempt to avoid, especially if they are non-committal, saying you are hot/sexy/cute is more casual and psychologically less committal :)

• Yes, he definitely really likes you.

• I think when a guy says that a girl is hot,sexy, or cute..He means it in a flirtatious sort of way..but when a guy says " your beautiful" He's saying it from the heart. So there's definatetly a difference in the usage of those words.

• I say it because I mean it, and will only say it when I know we are in a amazing relationship, and it shows what I think, and feel about her.

• Its more like he means it especially the way he says it that made you think and thrown you off in a diff direction and mad you think damn how is he so diff.

• I'm a classy guy. I would say it to someone I thought deserved to be told they are beautiful. Typically I mean on the inside. But that's just me.

• no. not true.

• it's true from me :)

• I don't think I'd ever say that to a girl unless I really liked her.

• no, if a girl seems vulnerable or easily flattered you can always say that, I think it's a word for arrogant pricks and those kinda guys always tend to get the girls

• More from Guys
    5

What Girls Said 17

• SOME mean it but NOT ALL... you can feel and tell if they are telling the truth...

TIPS:

eyes and body language of LIARS :))

1.if the eyes are going Up and to the Left - it means they are thinking so don't trust it!

2.A person who is lying to you will avoid making eye contact.

3. Hands touching their face, throat & mouth. Touching or scratching the nose or behind their ear.

REACTIONS:

1.A guilty person gets defensive. An innocent person will often go on the offensive.

2.A liar is uncomfortable facing his questioner/accuser and may turn his head or body away.

3.A liar might unconsciously place objects (book, coffee cup, etc.) between themselves and you.

Verbal Context:

1. The guilty person may speak more than natural, adding unnecessary details to convince you... they are not comfortable with silence or pauses in the conversation.

2.A liar may leave out pronouns and speak in a monotonous tone. When a truthful statement is made the pronoun is emphasized as much or more than the rest of the words in a statement.

3. they Using humor or sarcasm to avoid a subject...

I guess that's all I know so becareful and now you know those signs I hope it works to you Takecare and Godbless ;-)

• Never trust the words.. trust the eyes.. the mouth..

• Players say it, and good guys who mean it say it!

You just have to figure it out for yourself, action speak louder than words! So if it seems he's really into you and likes you a lot he will mean it! If he seems like a player then you know the answer

• Any guy can tell a girl " she's beautiful " and not mean it. Some do , some dont. but yes there are quotes saying real men really like you if you call a girl beautiful instead of hot or sexy .

• If he says you're hot beautiful or sexy he probably likes you.

• Beautiful is kind of a higher order sort of compliment. The rest of those compliments are easier to throw around, cause they're more shallow.

• no it is not true because most of the time when guys say that they just wanna get inside your pants and thts all just make sure that you don't make a guy to get inside your pants keep your dignity as well as your pride don't let guys get into you by lying

• they say that when a guy says you're cute, he's looking at your face

when he says you're sexy, he's looking at your body

BUT when he says you're beautiful, he's looking at your heart

• It is true, words are cheap. I had a guy say, "You look beautiful today." on sort of a date but I saw him checking out at least 3 girls. Observe and know when to move on is key.

• my best guy friend says he reserves the word "beautiful" for a girl he loves.

• Idk buy I noticed that too. Maybe they just don't find it cute to say beautiful.

• No, they could just want to get in your pants.

• don't trust men

• most guys lie

• Hmm I'm not sure. This man I met at work told me after a few weeks that I'm beautiful and one day he just came up to me and said "wow you are beautiful" but I don't know if he likes me though my friends and I do think he has a little thing for me.

Beautiful is definitely a major compliment though, whether the guy likes you or not I don't think he would call a girl he just sees as a piece of ass "beautiful".

• what does it mean if a guy tells a girl she's cute?

• shes an 8/10 or a 7/10

• I disagree. It means she has a nice personality and is pretty. Meanwhile something like "hot" means she's just attractive in a sexual way and has nothing to do with personality.

• No they don't like you sometimes they are trying to get your attantion

but at other times guys want to get under your pants

• It was a hypothetical question.