What is everyones take on a woman's modesty? Responses may be used in a spread article.

What do you girls and guys think about the way a girl dresses, is it a bad first impression to have too much leg showing with the shortie shorts in the Summer? A turn on (for guys) or a turn off to wear heels because it looks like we ladies are trying too hard?

I feel my girlfriends and I can wear what we want when we go places, as long as the situation calls for the outfit. Ex: I wouldn't let anyone come with me to a funeral wearing hot pants. However, dinner and drinks is a different scenario!

SO!

Guys, when you meet your date and she's dressed in a low cut shirt with cleavage and a PUSH-EM-UP bra complimented by some tight shorties, are you thinking '..desperate.' or 'Wow!' thoughts? Let's say you see a pretty girl you have never met hanging out at your nearest Chilli's and she's flaunting the low-cut, brand name super short-shorts? What goes on in your head, she isn't wearing ho-garb, but does it affect your impression of her any way?

Ladies, how do you feel about what you wear and why? Is it for attention, or to cover up something you aren't happy with? When you see the long-legged mini-dress chick with the hot pink panties peeking out do you immediately think 'SLUT!'

I don't mean some lone cougar dancing by herself to Pastor Troy and wearing a mini-dress. Just an average girl!

Does it effect your perspective on her intelligence or self image? Boys, would it effect your decision on starting a relationship (..or ending it!) How does the impression stay with you, and are you more likely to try and hook-up and leave? I may use the responses in an article I am writing over the next month, please feel free to respond and comment on everything.

Most Helpful Guy

• You asked several different questions so here goes. If a woman is showing off her legs that shows confidence. As long as she isn't showing of her legs in the workplace it is fine. Heels are fine unless you are going somewhere impractical. If a woman wears heels on a nature hike I might think something is wrong with her.

If I see a woman I don't know that is dressed sexy I think she is hoping to look attractive for someone. There is nothing wrong with wanting to look attractive. I don't judge her poorly for that.

If a woman doesn't dress up for me on a date, I think she just isn't that into me so doesn't really care about impressing me. I wouldn't think a woman was desperate just because she was dressed sexy. When a woman comes off as desperate it is more about the way they act.

A woman that has put work into her appearance to look attractive tells me she is most likely open to being approached. So I would be more willing to approach a woman dressed sexy for that reason. Women that want to blend into the background and not be noticed do not dress sexy. As far as starting a relationship or ending it, I don't see why the way she dresses would be a factor. After the initial approach it is mostly about personality and compatibility. That is what determines if I start a relationship or not.

What Guys Said 5

• I have nothing against modest women but I do it like when girls dress sexy. It doesn't make them bad people or anything and it doesn't affect my perception of them.

• I hate to admit it but I get aroused and it is hard for me to divert my eyes. Especially if she has the right proportions and all around nice figure. These outfits spew sex fantasies. Tight and sexy clothing can bump a 6 to an 8 or 9 pretty easily (especially after a couple shots of JD).

I guess I am the kinda guy that prefers girls with a little more confidence and is a little more adventurous, her mini-dress shows me that she knows to work her feminine charms. Much like women hate to admit they like cocky guys, men are similarly attracted to a shorties that dress like sluts with their high heels and minis. It is an effective way to get a guys attention all without even opening your mouth.

• Clothes "make the man"...but on a woman I think it's more a reflection of her mood (at least for the evening). Even if she's not wearing her ho-garb, so long as she's showing off her goods, I'll be there for the show.

• I like modesty, much better look than looking like a whore all the time.

• actually i would love it if she wore a mini skirt or mini dress or tiny shorts on the first date. that just tells me that she loves showing off her legs and wants me to love them too

What Girls Said 3

• I prefer modest clothing-- loose fitting tops, jeans, longer dresses and skirts-- because there's nothing about my body worth showing off. In the summer I wear shorts but that's simply because of the heat.

If I see a girl in a v-neck and shorts in the summer I think nothing of it. If her underwear is peeking out and her boobs are falling out of her shirt, then I might think she's desperate or slutty.

• I live in the south, it's hot as hell down here. the only reason why I'm "modest" is because I'm uncomfortable with my body. if I was confident and liked my body I'd be wearing short shorts, heels and little dresses too. I have never met a guy who was turned off by those kind of girls. as long as your appropriate to the situation and don't ACT slutty its understandable. no one expects you to be wearing a poodle skirt lol

• There are limits. If she is flaunting the "right amount" as in looks sexy but not indecent I would think she is confident and attractive (well as long as it looks nice on her) and attracts guys. There is a balance between slutty and sexy. Slutty is just baring too many areas at once. For example, short shorts with a shirt that isn't too tight, isn't low, covers her shoulders, boobs, and stomach, combined with flip flops, probably will look sexy and not slutty. Or a shorter skirt (but not hoochie short, maybe mid-thigh or so) plus heels without showing too much cleavage or arms and no abs, is sexy and confident. This guy at work told me that I always look great at work and that I dress sexy but not slutty, aka I work a good balance.

It depends on the situation but I like to stick to: reveal one area, cover the others. If you are showing cleavage cover up the rest of you.

Never bare your midriff, anything that you can see your butt cheeks or crack, anything low enough that your nipples show, anything that is transparent enough to see your underwear, etc. I don't like armpits showing either. I find all that stuff tacky almost always. Girls who bare these things just almost always ring "stupid, slutty" to me.

(One thing I like is not to show a lot of skin but wear things that accentuate your shape. For example a pencil skirt that is a little bit above your knee and fitted with a tucked in shirt. It highlights your butt and waist in an hourglass way, and is sexy but isn't keeping your body open to the world)

Heels, it depends where you are. If you are somewhere very casual or sporty they look ridiculous but at work or formal things they look very cute, I am a heel freak myself and yes they are def sexy

So yes I would say the way a girl dresses does affect my perspective on her intelligence AND self image. I would think that if she is flashy and showing a ton she is insecure and/or a major attention seeker (the two are usually combined) and even though there is no real correlation between intelligence and nudity, I would automatically doubt she is intelligent until she proved me wrong; I would just think she is easy and a one night stand type of girl, which guys would probably think as well. If she is just sexy but not slutty aka showing the right amount but not too much, I'd think she's confident.

It's all about balance. You don't wnat to look like a nun either :P