Are book clubs just for women?

I've been asked to join a book club, and I'm the only guy in it so far. And none of my guy friends are in book clubs. Is it a chick thing? Did I just get typecast as a gay male?

Also, how does one dress for these things...t-shirt casual, polo casual, dress shirt?...what should I wear?

• Book clubs are for women.
  • Book cubs are for everyone.
  • Book cubs are for everyone, but they're kind of feminine.
  • I don't know, I don't read so good.
  • I want to join your book club.

Most Helpful Girl

• book clubs are for everyone lol its just women dominated and dress is casuall

What Girls Said 2

• I was in a a book club once that had 7 guys and 2 chicks.

• no of course not. books are for everyone, including guys. it's OK to talk about it

What Guys Said 2

• Book clubs aren't for people who read books, but for people who want to talk about how reading a book made you FEEL. Thus, they mostly attract women. I suppose right-brained "creative-type" guys may fit in to that crowd too, but most guys don't spend a lot of time talking about their feelings to a group of women.

• err meant to vote B. move one from C to B (I was lazy reading) for guys. Books aren't feminine at all. It's very disgusting how society has made reading "gay."

Dumb society.