Sex, Drugs, Rock & Roll....is that lifestyle really worth it?

I'm the opposite, the all around good girl. Recently though this guy has come into my life who is all about the "sex, drugs, rock & roll" type lifestyle which has sparked my curiosity. So is it worth it? Is it as much fun as people make it out to be and what makes it so much fun?

Most Helpful Guy

• Do you know something that is pretty consistant with great artists? They are miserable people. They are often "looking" for meaning and importance, but ironically, they live the most shallow of lives.

I grew up with a guy who was the lead singer in a band. He probably slept with every woman in my town from 16-60. Yet he had NO IDEA how to have a girlfriend, or even how to respect women as people. He is married now, but I talked to his then-GF/now-wife a long time about that.

What Guys Said 14

• Sure its a great way to live if you want to burn out early, die a really sad death due to over dosing, or a drunk driving accident.
    Sleeping around? Thats a great introduction to your first STD, and possible your second and third. Plus you have to think of it from this perspective what exactly does that get you long run?

Being a bit of a wild child is one thing, but being all sex drugs and rock n roll is not the cats meow. Look at how many musicians and actors have died over the years due to drugs and drinking.

• It is lifestyle about living in the NOW and leaving regrets for later. It is exciting but no one can outrun their own shadow.

• ha you'd only be f***ing your body up (making it weaker) + you'll run out of money. and you'll smell and look weird.

• not really I wouldn't advise it

the only reason I would tell you to do it is because to know that its something you don't want

the lifestyle is short lived and very shallow

My friend used to do all of that and he got out one-two years after wards and he said to me I wouldn't go to clubs man. Its a very shallow lifestyle I didn't like it and no one really did. I'm happy I'm out of there

• Hate drugs. Never have and never will do them. If other people want to they can go right ahead. Obviously I like sex and rock and roll is pretty sweet as well. So I'd say safe sex and rock is worth it XD

• I have lived part of my life that way..am 54 now...if you are not already into that...I highly doubt that you will be happy living that way...

• It might be cool for a while, but it'd get boring quick.

• Get into drugs and you can flush your life down the toilet. If you're busted, you can be delt a real hardship if you wish to go abroad. Don't do it.

• may I ask, well I guess sex is kin of not my business and don't want to sound like a creep but what do you mean by those three things

• Nothing immoral, dangerous or damaging about sex.

• That sounds like me haha!! Yeah try it out! If you don't like the lifestyle, you don't have to do it. It's all in fun. And nobody is forcing you to do it!

• Totally worth it if you are into stds, addictions, meaningless relationships, health issues, broken relationships, and fast food for the rest of your life.

• Is sex and rock & roll worth it? Yes, definitely. Are drugs? Definitely not. I know first hand. If you haven't done them yet, your not missing out on much.

• Drugs ruin lives. Sex with the wrong person can ruin lives. My answer would be a huge no. No it is not worth it.

What Girls Said 7

• sex.. yes

rock and roll... sure hha

drugs... if you havnt done them dont! not saying there not great, interesting or fun... but once youve tried them its hard not to do them again... every one below is making them out to be so terrible, sure there not good for you or anything but getting high every once in a while isn't going to kill you, ruin your life. its just that its hard for a lot of people to keep it to every once and a while,better just to avoid it if you can.

• Haha it's okay for a little while until the negatives start to show. I think it's good to try most things before you develop an opinion. Probably not worth it though. And it's fun because of the risk, the thrill of it.

• Nah it's not worth it, although it is fun it's not really a lifestyle id want forever.

• I'm rather the good girl too, but some of my friends are not and if they have a party I often just go with it. And yes, while you are there you feel amazing, but I've done things there that I really don't regret but I feel a bit... Dirty ? About myself when I think about it. But maybe that's just the good girl inside of me ;)

• Sex, drugs and rock and roll are all very well, but nothing beats a nice cup of tea!

• Hell yes. You only live once, well maybe not the drugs part but the rest is tons of fun.

• I can't tell you how to life your life, every one has to experiment a bit. But I would like to tell you to stay away from the drugs. Is it such a good idea to get along with someone who apparently isn't the guy with a clean slate?