How can I catch a girls eye?

There is a girl I like on my campus, we have spoken every now and then, but I get shy around her. I heard she broke up with her boyfriend 9 months ago. I want to get closer to her and have a relationship but I don't know if I should ask her out or just become a friend with her.. Plus she always has guys around her. Competition is tough because 4 other guys I know also like her. She is just a normal girl. But I want to SOMETHING. What should I do to catch her eye or go out with her and do you think its too soon for her after her last relationship? she had a boyfriend when she was in france for a year.

Ideas and opinions appreciated.

She and I both live on campus

What Girls Said 1

• Find out if she's over the breakup if she's not then not much will come from this except a rebound.

but I don't know if I should ask her out or just become a friend with her..

^really you don't know? You like her so why would you be friend with her? Ask her out.

What should I do to catch her eye or go out with her? Create sexual tension, talk to her, create an emotional connection, then ask her out.

and do you think its too soon for her after her last relationship? Not to me but this is about her feel her out to see if she's hung up or carrying a torch.

She is just a normal girl.

^ a lot of entitlement there..hope I'm wrong. So just because she's a normal girl there shouldn't be so many suitors? Just because she's a normal girl she should be easier for you to get or preferably not have any competition at all that way she's grateful you paid her any attention?

• What I meant was I was not sure if I should ask her out from where we are now or become a friend first and then ask her out after we are better friends.

Its pretty hard, she has a swarm of guys around her always, and they **** block and get defensive when I go near.

She is a normal girl but she is one of the few at our uni. We are doing engineering and in a class of 710: we have 696 guys and 14 girls. see what I mean?

• just didn't want you to take the fact that she has a swarm of guys around her as meaning she is like some kind of perfect unhuman goddess. I think she is lovely. but she IS human :S

• Why do I find it so damn hard to walk up to her and say hi? my stomach turns at the thought

What Guys Said 0