What do you think of the brand American Apparel?

A lot of people seem to have strong feelings about it one way or the other. What are your thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I haven't been in one of their actual stores but from what I see on their website a lot of things are overpriced. I wanted a pair of denim shorts from there that cost about $40, walked into a department store one day and found the exact style/color on sale for $7. Only thing I'd buy from AA would be a one of their bodysuits.

What Guys Said 3

• never heard of it.

• Never heard of it.

• I don't even know what it looks like. I've heard of it though.

What Girls Said 16

• Almost worked there :P

It's great, just really overpriced. They have some really neat stockings and stuff :D But generally, the clothes don't ever fit me properly. The jeans fit kind of okay, but it REALLY squishes my bum :/ It'll fit everywhere else and it looks fine, it just feels tight in that one area and I'm a picky buyer.

• I don't care what anyone says, I lurve it. It's way overpriced but the clothes that I wear the most are all from there, from my experience it's good quality, realllly comfortable, and versatile (like, if I like a certain piece I can buy it in several colors). I get most of my stuff from there from the outlet store so it's cheaper though, haha.

• It's way overpriced but they have some pieces that are a lot of fun.

I don't shop at AA because I like to get more for my money.

• I visited the store once when I was in florida, it was probably the best store we went to all week. Maybe I'm biased but either way it will never beat urban outfitters, UK shopping is the best.

• It's OK. I have one dress from there back during their 100% off sale. I think their stuff is a little plain for what they charge, and their highly sexualized ads are a little disturbing.

• i don't care.

• Why would I have strong feelings for a clothes label? o.0

I think nothing of it. It's just a brand like everything else.

• Many Americans are like that. It's so silly

• How very elitist.

• Kain6th,

Are you for real?

"Like feeling more attractive with a particular brand, feeling like people will judge you less with more expensive clothing then that which you buy at an outlet mall for example."

That's so shallow! If people judge you based on how expensive your clothes are...F*** 'EM!

• The Idea of fair trade clothing is great, but their ads promote poor body image for girls & a bizarre

chest shaven creepy sad looking feminine look for boys.

So for me it's a wash...the styles are too teeny bop for my taste & way too expensive to boot.

• It was either Am. Apparel or Urban O. that carries "poser" vintage clothing. I don't remember.

• Huh? Egh I still don't care lol, people can wear whatever the hell they want, just as long as they don't make me wear it :)

• not my style, and overpriced.

• I used to work there so obviously I love the clothes Lol.

• overpriced, a bit pretentious and only about 1/8th of the stuff is worth buying.

• I do like the concept of the strong colors I think the shop is cheerfull and they have some fun dresses...i don't get it why Americans don't like it...

• I love the clothes there...but it's well over priced.

• overrated. I don't like it at all