Is it insulting to tell a girlfriend that she looks prettier without makeup?

Girls,

One way I look at it, it seems she puts a lot of effort in buying the makeup and putting it on. So I think it can be seen as an insult because she may interpret it as me saying it is not worth her time or something like that.

However, I'm am saying I think she is prettier without makeup. Just her normal/natural self. What do you think?

Guys, have you ever said this to your significant other? What was the reaction?

I guess there is another option... should I just not mention it at all?

Most Helpful Girl

• Is it insulting to tell a girlfriend that she looks prettier without makeup? No most girls want to believe they are natural beauties.

Don't mention it if you have no preference to if she wears makeup or not.

What Girls Said 4

• No its not.I would be more happy because it shows that I can be pretty too even without any makeup on.I don't think she will take this as insultation,dont worry.She will feel happy:)

• My boyfriend is the same way, and speaking from experience, you just have to approach the topic carefully. Ex. Instead of saying "you're wearing too much makeup." Try telling her she looks beautiful when she isn't wearing makeup.

• I don't see how any girl can be insulted by that, I would love to hear that because I would be liked for my natural appearance.

• wait for her to not have it on or for it to be lighter and tell her 'you look so beautiful today" and let her come to the conclusion on her own. if she says something about well I did my make up differently/didnt put any on...say whatever it is you look really pretty today. and just reinforce it and she'll get it without you having to say anything that might hurt her feelings.

What Guys Said 4

• Well she buys that makeup to look good. If you compliment her on her natural beauty, she won't really see a need to use the makeup then. I mean really. Getting a compliment about your natural looks seems more sincere and greater than a compliment to your artificial fake look.

• If she really cares about you she will here you out and attempt to wear less. But it mite have the opposite effect also. A lot of women are very touchy when it comes to beauty products so she mite think she knows best. Idk. I think you should just tell her

• I think its a compliment. You're naturally pretty

• Not as insulting as telling her she looks prettier without the extra 20 lbs.