Have you ever worn something you didn't like the look of just because it was fashionable/trendy?

This question is more aimed at women than men, but men can answer too if it applies.

Have you ever noticed that many clothing styles that become fashionable/trendy are downright hideous, but people wear them anyway? And then they look back a few years later and go "what was I thinking..."

Why do you bother?

Most Helpful Girl

• Never...I create a style of my own. I don't like to follow.

What Girls Said 6

• Haha well sometimes I like clothes that are, objectively, kind of weird looking (and yes, some may say downright hideous), but I ALWAYS like what I wear. If I don't like the way it looks, no matter how trendy it is, I just can't wear it, haha. Sometimes I do tend to wear things that are trendy, but only because it's something new and refreshing, or it's something I've always liked that's become more available in stores.

• Nah that would be a fashion faux pas.. Lol

• Hmm, no. I would never wear smt just because it's in right now (lol, leggins). Fashions and trends change all the time and also your OWN style :) If I try to look back at my elementary all-clothes-blue- phase now, I would be like "holy s**t, what is this s**t D: !?" Back then, I just thought that I like blue and blue shall all of my clothes be. This all goes hand-in-hand with music and art. :)

• Eh...yes and no.

When I was 13 I wore trendy things because I thought they were cute at the time, but looking back at my matching velour jogging suits and ponchos, I wonder what the hell I was thinking.

A year or so ago I tried out the girlie girl look and ended up with a lot of Hollister clothes. I guess I wore them because they were trendy, but it wasn't a societal acceptance thing, it was an experimentation thing. I still have those clothes and paired with the fem-androg stuff I wear now, they don't look too bad.

• noo I wear what satisfices my and my body..

• No but I have dressed in clothes that weren't very me and were very uncomfortable because it got me a lot of male attention, pretty pathetic right?

What Guys Said 3

• I've always worn what I like... It's changed a little bit over the years. But my hair was really long back in high school, and looking back, it looked totally stupid... That's probably what I look back on and regret most, lol.

• no I haven't, I wear what I like and what feels comfortable. I don't wear clothes to fit into current trends. Not that I wear clown shoes or anything, I still like to look normal though :)

• Timberlands, Phat Farm, and baggy jeans.

Why? So I could suffer less verbal abuse in middle school. I couldn't wear just anything without somebody saying something. That changed in high school.