If there is 1 book everyone should have read, it would be...?

I would say 'Ishmael' by Daniel Quinn. That book seriously changed the way I look at the world and life as we know it. I would and am really recommending this book to everyone!

So what book do you think everyone should have read?

I'm eager to know and read them :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I'll make a note of that one. I am currently reading The Alchemist by Paulo Coehlo, it's a popular one but I am late to the party. I think it can be life changing as well, but for me it's mostly re-enforcing what I already feel/know and giving me even more of a reason to push forward.

• Ok great I'll definitely try to find it! And I promise you you won't have a single second regret of reading Ishmael :)

• Oh man, this book is absolutely amazing.

• I'm excited now :D!

@ tohrment: Yes! I was going to use that word to describe it. So far I am in awe of how relevant it is to my life.

What Girls Said 7

• That's one book I've had on my list for a long time but still haven't read, lol.

I would sayyy Thus Spoke Zarathustra by Nietzsche, or The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran. I took a lot out of those, on top of just being beautiful writing, lol.

• I liked Ishmael, and it did change how I feel, but there were times where it just grinded on me. Like the author lost the feeling for a bit and just wrote to keep the book going. There are a few other books that I would consider essential reading; Bailey's Cafe by Gloria Naylor (Love all her books), Grooks by Piet Hein (Very wonderful set of poems, don't be scared off by those words), The Color Purple by Alice Walker, and you know, some of the classic you read in school should be reread and you'll glean a lot more from them than you ever did in school. (To Kill a Mockingbird, Of Mice and Men, The Odyssey, etc)

Sorry, I love books, and there are so many more that I could have written down, but I held back, for the sake of time, haha.

• I have too many favorites...but if I had to reccomend one I guess I would suggest The Count of Monte Cristo: Falsely accused of treason, the young sailor Edmond Dantes is arrested on his wedding day and imprisoned in the island fortress of the Chateau d'If. Having endured years of incarceration, he stages a daring and dramatic escape and sets out to discover the fabulous treasure of Monte Cristo, and to catch up with his enemies

• Anything as long as the author of the book is SIDNEY SHIELDON he's the best! before I thought she's a girl but when I searched it he's a guy LOL... VERY great one! NO doubt best seller! :))

• 1984 - George Orwell

I know this book is largely politicised, but there are so many additional concepts and ideas in it that are relevant to everyone's lives. There are many reasons why it's such a classic, such a good read.

• I truly agree! Realy loved it :) Kinda shocking how he actualy predicts how the world could go..

• I would say, "The 5 people you meet in heaven." I forget the author's name.

• can you say what makes it a must-read? ;) Just read the summary and like it though!

• I would say it's a must read because it has changed the way I look at people in my life and the bad things that have happened to me. =)

• i think nineteen minutes

What Guys Said 3

• 'The Conversations with God' trilogy by Neale Donald Walsch. It's not religious, it's spiritual and it jives with my thinking about the simple caring for others and experiencing life (at least this one).

• Deadpool Comics. nuff said.

• Crimes against logic.