What does being beautiful mean to you?

I think the media has destroyed and distorted what it is that makes a person beautiful. I mean do you guys really want unhealthy twigs where you can see their ribs? What ever happened to when men wanted nice healthy women when curves were once gorgeous, even erotic. What about inner beauty? Does any of that matter anymore? Anyways I'm just wondering what everyone thinks.

Thank you everyone for your answers, and it is nice to see what others thought.

Most Helpful Girl

• There are still TONS of guys out there that love a healthy girl with nice curves, trust me I know.

Also one of my favorite idols was doing a promotion for an anti-aging product called "Visionarre" or "Beauty vision"

They asked her what she thinks beauty is, her answer;

"I think it's confidence. Also loving yourself and being true to yourself! My beuty vision is to be honest, open, and fun-loving!"

I have to agree, beauty is confidece. If you are walking around with your head down and not confident about yourself its hard to notice what a wonderful person you might be. You have to be true to yourself you have to embrace everything about you, if you don't believe your beautiful how can everyone else? you know yourself best and all the great things about you!

That's what beautiful is to me but, eh that's just my thoughts

What Guys Said 3

• f*** the media.

you can look beautiful, but to be beautiful it takes being a good person, not just looking good.

curvy women are, always have been, and always will be the most beautiful to me.

in reality the modeling industry is just praying on young girls' insecurities about their weight.

f*** the media.

• Its nice knowing some guys still like a nice curvy girl : )

• Someone who has a great personality and a likeable face.

• Looks play a part personality makes you whole

What Girls Said 6

• Stick-thin models are not necessarily the most wanted figure, despite their portrayal in the media. People still like to see women bigger than that. But "healthy" is more the key word than "curvy." Because obesity and being overweight is such a problem, it is really important to emphasize healthiness. Inner beauty is another aspect of healthiness- emotional and mental health. A person who is kind is a thousand times more beautiful than someone who is unpleasant; they are also more healthy. Being kind makes you happy; being happy is healthy. :)

• Inner beauty inhances what ever you are born with.

• It is an everything is perfect word. when I say something is beautiful...i usually love it.

• physical appereance but more so the person that you really are inside...And I believe that most people have an inner beauty regardless of their looks...

• Curvy =/= fat

Skinny =/= twiggy and unhealthy

Sorry to burst any bubbles.

Most guys will choose a thin, curvy, in shape girl over a chubby, out of shape girl. Of course guys on here will disagree but these questions are asked for a reason

• Your not bursting any bubbles, but why do you think guys would rather choose a skinny girl? What if the media didn't model thin as being beautiful? What if media and other sources should and pushed healthy more natural curvy? I think the media has a lot more influence then we think and our perception of what beautiful really is.

• LOL @ excuses

Putting the fork down ain't that hard

• Well reading with what other people have written a persons personality can add or take away from their outer beauty.

• Beauty to me is someone who is a great person, kind, caring, compassionate. I feel this way because when someone is good, they have this glow about them that just attracts people to them. And I think that makes them beautiful.