Is this guy attracted to me?

I just recently started classes at a large university. There is this guy in my English class who sits all the way up front opposite of me, and I sit all the way in the back of the room, so I have kind of a good view of him, and vice versa. For the last week or so, perhaps it was my imagination, but I believe he's been looking in my direction as of late, several times during class, but they're never obvious, always subtle glances in my direction. Yesterday, however, it was a little different. I felt that I had been staring at him too much and he had noticed. I was trying to see if my mind was playing tricks on me or not. But, during class, he kept shifting in his seat. Occasionally, he would lean with his shoulder pointed toward me, and most of all, he kept running his hands through his hair during class - many times.

Now, before, he was usually one of the first to leave when class was over, but lately he's been the last.Yesterday this was the case. I thought for a moment that, out the corner of my eye, as I was walking out the classroom door, that as he was packing his stuff, he was looking at me. And not only that - but as I was walking across the street - this is where I wish I had kept my glasses on - it looked like it was his figure walking across the street also, but ways away from me. He obviously went out the other side of the building, because he wasn't behind me when I left out, and I was gazing across the street out of curiosity to see if that was him or not. Maybe I was seeing things, but I saw his hand go up, and I thought he waved at me.

This has been going on for almost 3 weeks. I've yet to approach this guy. He hasn't approached me either. I think he might be as shy as I am; the fact that I'm so scared of him thinking I'm weird and a stalker, it might be my subconscious telling me to go slower this time, evaluate him, and see if I want to be romantically involved with him, to see what he's about. Plus, it's still early in the semester. I also have to keep reminding myself that I need to be friends with him first to do anything else. I try to think of that, as a form of making myself less fearful. I had thought that, feeling he noticed me staring, and thinking negatively of what he thought, it would be harder to approach him. But now that I've chosen to believe that he actually DID wave at me, I have given myself no choice but to reciprocate. I know that when a guy constantly preens, like running his hands through his hair, that it means he's nervous about his appearance and might be attracted to a female.

But my question is, do you think he's attracted to me?

What Guys Said 1

• Yes it sure sounds like it It also sounds like you are very attracted to him so this may work out good for the both of you. If it has been going on for 3 weeks and he hasn't made a move I suggest you start initiating conversation about whatever you want and give that a try for a couple weeks and if he doesn't ask you out by then you will have to initiate the first date also It doesn't have to be dinner and the movies just go somewhere for coffee or soda. Just take your time with the initiating be slow but steady and if it is meant to work out it will good luck

What Girls Said 0