Do you get scared when you need to give a big presentation?

I know I always do. I hate that feeling. If you are scared what tips do you have. If you are not scared why are you not scared. I have one to give tomorrow.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yup, to the point where I've had panic attacks because of it. Breathing exercises help me just before the presentation, but the biggest help is make sure you are PREPARED. Rehearse, rehearse, rehearse. Know what you're talking about, and you'll feel more comfortable. Also, remind yourself that for the amount of time you are up there, YOU are the expert -- you're there to give information to other people. But don't just memorize the material. It's better to have an understanding of it, rather than just memorize words.

What Girls Said 6

• A little...I absolutely hate it though when people say, "oh just imagine the audience in their underwear"...that would just make the situation 100x worse

• Yep! I start talking gibberish.

• ya I do...i also fidget a lot..really wish I didn't though

• Not at all, I find nothing to be afraid of.

• yeah it makes me pretty nervous but I always get through it

• I used to be because I don't like to be put under the spotlight...but...ironically...I give a lot of presentations whether it's because of my job as a teaching assistant at college or private job tasks :)

Honestly, it's nothing to be afraid of. You might be smarter than people sitting in front of you. Just be confident and focus on what you have to say.

Go nail it! Good luck!

What Guys Said 3

• Nope.

When I give a presentation the audience IS fearful of ME.

I am the one in control. They had better be paying strict attention or I call them on it.

Is there something that is more important then what I'm telling you?

Do you want to share that text / call with the rest of us?

Does anyone else have a phone on? Now is a good time to shut it OFF.

The best way to rule is by intimidation. Try it when you get up in front of your class.

Tell them I want your undivided attention NOW!

I went to 12 years of catholic school & I now use all of the Priest, Nuns & Brothers tricks on the audience.

I am feared. The boogie man looks for me under his bed & in his closet to see if I'm there before he goes to bed.

• I took a speech class and it helped a lot with dealing with these type of scenarios.

• It did kind of help but we only had to do like 7 minute speeches. This one was like 35 when I practiced it.

• I get nervous, but if its a group of people I know then I'm not nervous. It makes things easy when its not a group of strangers. If its a group of strangers just pretend their your friends already.