Can you somehow get more unattractive within 3 years?

3 years ago when I was 19, I was quite attractive, or at least I felt like it. Fast forward 3 years later, I feel like I was hit by an ugly spell. I still have moments where I feel pretty, but not as often. Nobody approached me anymore and I feel like I have to try extra hard to be in shape. My mom tends to yell at me often nowadays and I feel uglier because of that.

Can three years really make a change in your appearance?

Can I turn back time?!

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think you've gotten any less attractive.

You may just have low self esteem which is normal, but youve gotta find ways of making yourself feel better.

It could also be that you are in a rut. Try doing new things with your appearance.

1. Get together a new skin care routine. facewash, toner, under eye cream, exfoliater and face mask. Obviously don't use the exfoliator and mask every day but use both twice a week or so.

Get active. When I feel blah I eat healthier and work out on a regular basis and that takes off some stress.

Then when I am feeling really good- I go get some cute new outfits.

One of the funnest things to do, is to try new things with your hair.

What Guys Said 7

• Some of it is genetics, the rest of it is personal health.

I've seen some girls look like Kim Kardashian when they were 14, only to become a complete train wreck at 20. A lot of it was about hygiene and fitness. If you live a really healthy lifestyle you can stay young and attractive for a very long time.

• Yeah, your face shifts and changes shape...as you get older, your jaw becomes wider and longer...cheeks bigger and more rounded out...so yeah...you can get uglier or prettier with age..

• For girls, yes.

• well, considering you're 22, it's not age lol, it could be life getting you down, like your mom

• hmm, maybe just get approached more and complimented more by young guys in high school? who knows

• I've seen girls change drastically in 3 yrs. Some for the better & some for the worse.

• Absolutely! I don't know if this is the case in your case, but you can definitely get less attractive in 3 years. And it definitely takes more work to stay in shape as you get older. I remember seeing one girl just a couple years after high school when I went home. She was one of THE hottest girls in my class when we were in high school. Within 2 years she threw on so much weight and had just let herself go so badly it was shocking and so sad to see!

What Girls Said 4

• Can you somehow get more unattractive within 3 years? Yes

Genetics & personal health & stress all account for this. Seems like stress for you.

• yep, I was quite stressed alright and depressed on top of it. I got kicked out of university 3 years ago, and now am attending community college, where I feel like I don't belong AT ALL.

• I think it's normal. Getting a new haircut that suits your face would help, take more vitamins and try and eat better, try out new makeup techniques and new clothes. Basically reinvent yourself.

• yeah , I think you have some of it right...im sick of my style

• i feel the same way! so I don't know what to say...=(

• It is possible depending on how you take care of yourself.