True or false, the clothes you wear says a lot about who you are?

You see someone wearing nerdy t-shirts or wearing a sweatshirt and jeans, do you hink it says a lot about the kind of person they are?

Most Helpful Girl

• Not really. Personally, my clothes generally just reflect my mood when I was getting ready.

I don't think the way you dress is particularly indicative of who you are. Maybe the more superficial things, though. Your taste in music, some hobbies, etc. But even then, I don't think it's very accurate.

For example, there was a girl in my classes who was covered in tats and piercings and dressed kinda emo-ish. Total babe, imo. She was a stripper. Read gothic novels. Bisexual. All seems stereotypical so far? But she was also the most articulate person I have ever met. She was doing a degree in women's studies. Point: some things might be representative, but there is always more to people than meets the eye.

Assuming otherwise breeds ignorance and short sightedness, imo.

What Girls Said 7

• Eh, yes and no.

There are some assumptions you can make about me based on my clothes. My band t-shirts will tell you what bands I like, my Toms will tell you I'm not that fancy and like comfy shoes.

But a lot of the time I can't afford the clothes I want, the ones that would express me best, so I just buy what I can afford.

• yeah for the most part. And even though people say that it doesn't or that the person behind the tats is totally misrepresented or whatever, that person CHOSE to represent themselves that way. I'm just saying that you should be careful about you project yourself if you want people to think a certain way about you.

• Kind of, the way I dress is far more girlie then I am the only thing my clothes really say is I care a fair bit about how I look. When people get to know me they usually say something along the lines of you don't look like you'd like that/ be like that.

• Yes, it reflects the kind of person they are, but not necesarily the kind of person they usually are. Through your clothes, you can express your moods, your personality and your lifestyle.

• I think it kind of does.. I wear around Harry potter t-shirts and skinny jeans with a pair of fake nerd glasses hanging on the shirt, would you think I was nerdy at firs glance?

• I don't believe so. it's what you do

• Ofcourse, it is true, especially the underwear. It reflects your personality and attitude.

What Guys Said 9

• To an extent. Someone who wears band t-shirts and tight black jeans all the time probably isn't majoring in Engineering.

• i think a lot of people pick what clothing they wear by what they want people to think about them. People that wear exspensive brands wear that clothing to portray a certain image of themselves. People that dress emo want to have their own image to portray and so on.

• Maybe a little but not everything. I normally dress rather plain. Other than my Libertarian shirt, Atheist shirt, Death Note shirt, and I love white woman shirt that blatantly tells others about me you wouldn't know anything about me. Only thing you might have gathered is that I'm a bold person and I'm not ashamed of my opinions and tastes.

• Not really. I dress like a stuck up, over confident a**hole, and everyone knows I'm not like that at all, right?

Oh wait.

• In what environment?

Just going out that's fine. I prefer & have my jeans starched with a nice razor like crease & have my shirts starched & pressed too.

They don't last very long as all that starch beats them up.

XXX starch please ;)

• Just a fraction of who you are.

• Not really for me. I don't go clothes shopping a whole lot and usually just wear what I have and what's comfortable. Plus I don't have a dress code for work, but they still expect reasonable clothes and not band tees like I might wear outside of work.

• False. Clothes are just an image. That image may convey some minor details about a person, but it doesn't get to the meat of the issue. There are plenty of people that go on impressions though, so you can use it to your advantage.

• I suppose it does...