My stomach gets bloated all the time, how can I prevent it?

i work out go to the gym and eat healthy but my stomach turns into Santa Claus! I don't get what I'm eating wrong and I don't have my period coming so its not women related issues at all its just general should I not eat carbs and salt?

Most Helpful Girl

• Try to eat some carbs- carbs are what your brain prefers, and what can happen is that when your body goes to burn your fat, it produces ketones, which can build up and become toxic.

Trye adding in some healthy carbs- high fiber cereal, fruit, whole grain bread, etc.

If you chew a lot of gum, you are swallowing air, which will get trapped in your belly.

Also, if you are drinking a lot of diet soda, or other carbonated beverages, the carbonation can make you feel bloated.

What Guys Said 3

• You don't prevent it. If you're lean and toned, there is nothing left to worry about. The stomach thing is something nobody else sees as a problem but you.

• Maybe you need more fiber.

• First tell me your height & weight

What Girls Said 5

• could be a intolerance to dairy or weat (caeliac). they both are becoming increasingly common.

Could be related to acidity in your diet eg.. tomatos, onions etc.

• You could be lactose intolerant (yeah, I know very unlikely). I could be because you exercise too soon after you eat.

I thought this website might be useful link It Includes how to prevent it.

• Make sure you are drinking enough water. It seems counter intuitive, but actually water reduces bloat.

• Fiber and water!

• You probably have a lot of gas