Age to start wearing make up?

So I was listening to a radio talk show and the guest told the host that make up wasn't for little girls because make up is thought for covering your imperfections and the host said no I think it's about playing and it's just fun...now girls don't lie you know you use it to look better, cover up something etc. But I think middle school years are the perfect place to start with just a few experiments but you don't want anyone looking 20 when they're 13

Most Helpful Girl

• i started wearing makeup a few months after I started high-school,tho before that I did wear some concealer,now I wear eyeliner,mascara and eye-shadow too,but not all the time,i wear it for fun,i'm OK with the way I look,i just think that if I can have glittery eyes-i'm gonna have glittery eyes.

i think that they should start wearing makeup once they start trying to figure out who they are personality and style wise-it's a very special time in our lives and it's important to allow ourselves to express our style.

What Guys Said 2

• Makeup is meant to enhance the face, yes, this is true but when you think about it, what is their to enhance when you're 13 or even 6 years old. I was watching an old episode of "Hey Arnold" where Helga (then only 11) was trying to put on makeup, do her hair and had heels on. Why was she putting make up on, on an already "young face". Girls these days are looking at images in magazines, t.v./movies and all sort of other media outlets, they're getting younger audiences and their parents are letting them buy this type of stuff/use it (go out in public like that). I saw a girl the other day who was literally dressed like a p*rn star and she had to be no older than 9. Just why?

• I don't think you would need make up until at least high school.

What Girls Said 7

• I don't use make-up, so I wouldn't know.

I think a little bit can be okay from time to time, but most girls seem to wear too much. And most if not all of them look better without it all caking up their faces.

• Yeah I think that if you look like a completely different person without make up it's too much but I admit I'd die without my eyeliner lol

• Honestly I started wearing makeup my 8th grade year I think? But I had NO idea how to use it, so I think it's okay to wear in middle school if you have someone to show you how to wear it, and also depending on what age you are. In 6th grade I feel like makeup if worn should be very minimal, and if not minimal it should be used just for play you know? If that makes sense? lol

• I don't use it just for fun, but its not soley because I think I look horrible without it.

I strike a balance- I have fun with it, but I use it to obtain an appearance that I find attractive for myself- even skin tone, evenly blushed cheeks, a nice healthy glow.

• There is nothing wrong with make up

• Haha I was listening to this on a radio morning show too 0_0 !

I say 13-14 is the appropriate age.

• 16.

btw, YTIMH.

• my daughters were allowed to wear make up in stages.

in 6th grade (12years old) they were allowed to wear tinted lip gloss

in 7th grade (13) we moved onto lip gloss and a light shade of eye shadow(bare minerals foundation powder for special occasions/dressing up)

8th grade (14) powder/light mascara/lip gloss/light eye shadow

High school...whatever they want as long as they don't look like a street walker (eye liner was added and I absolutely HATE it but alllll her friends wear it I just try to remind my oldest she looks much prettier without it :\)