What is the difference between common sense and noncommon sense?

Is there a general consensus on what 'common' sense is?

Apparently knowing how to do the laundry = common sense. :-P

0|0
4|4

Most Helpful Guy

• Common sense is something you learn in order to be accepted within a society and even survive. It's the ability to analyze consequences without using a complex thought process.

Example 1: It's common sense to wear clothes when going outside.

-We aren't born knowing that clothes are necessary, but as we grow up, we learn that the consequences of going nude are not worth the risk. Rather than think about it every single morning, you put on clothes as part of your daily routine.

"Uncommon" sense is more about having learned a niche that not everyone in society understands.

Example 2: He has a strange knack for managing his finances.

-Nobody is born knowing how to manage their money, and not everyone will learn. Therefore, the ability to manage finances is "uncommon" sense.

2|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Common sense is smthing that is obvious(common) anyone can figure it out.But there is no consensus bcoz the common sense we think in itself is not very common.I think common sense is contextual.

0|1
    0|0
  • Common sense: Knowing how to wash your clothes

Non-common sense: Heart surgery. :P

lol jp, I think common sense and non-common sense can be subjective. What one considers common sense another might not.

1|1
    0|0
  • All I know is it seems common sense isn't so common these days :D

0|1
    0|0
  • common sense is stuff that people know

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• The common sense is there for to manage the working day resp. every day life. It is necessary to realize your daily life, be fit enough to make such things, who are senseful, necessary and "normal." So it is also practical to have one and live with a minimum of troubles.

But if you have only a common sense, then you are only a banal person, a philistine. (no artist, no highbrow, no original person)

If you have no common sense, then you are only an unpractical and inexperienced in the way of the world and such persons are either a little bit helpless or ridiculuos or both together. Some comedies acting about this.

0|1
    0|0
  • common sense is things you should know by being alive, like don't touch hot pans, if you want you clothes dry don't put them in a washer. don't run by the pool unless you want to fall. dropping things can lead to them breaking. things along this nature not common sense is everything else

0|1
    0|0
  • Then I guess not knowing how to do the laundry counts as noncommon sense? Common 'sense' in general is just smarts. Like, thinking before you act. Or speak. Or say something on the web. Those sorts of things.

0|1
    0|0