Do you smile with your lips or eyes?

Apparently there's a difference...when you smile only with your lips, it can come across as fake! When you smile with your eyes, the other person finds it genuine...u twinkle! lol Try it next time with a stranger! Another case for our eyes being magical...=)

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think we have conscious control over HOW we smile.

If it's genuine - the eyes are involved (according to both your source and what I've read in the past).

If it's not a genuine smile I think it's hard to involve the eyes willingly.

You might be able to con a smile with the eyes but as humans, our intuition is pretty good ;).

Also - I believe when we talk about smiling eyes, it's referring to the creases on the outside of the eyes, not the eyes themselves (although they have their own charm too!).

• Maybe the ability to do that can be improved over time...read that you shouldn't be a people pleaser and smile all the time because it's not as real...so there are modifications that can be done to improve...you're right about intuition though...and good point about the creases! Probably true!

What Guys Said 13

• I smile with both. I wear my heart on my sleeve (even if I don't always want to), so when I'm happy, there's no hiding it.

• smiling is not a natural act for me as physical expressions of emotion are not natural for me due to a neurological disorder. all my smiles are faked.

• "there are daggers in mens smiles, the nearer in blood the nearer bloody" - donalbain to malcolm (?)

• lol translation?

• when people smile they actually mean to kill you (people are liars don't trust them) the nearer in blood the nearer bloody (the closer your related to someone, the more likely they are to make you bloody/ hurt you)

• I can smile with my eyes without even moving my lips. I can almost feel them "twinkling" when I do it. I got eye skillz.

• Definitely both. Depending on how happy I am, I can go from normal to chinky in an instant.

• I guess I use my eyes, most of the time I have a pretty serious facial expression.

• I smile with everything! I even curve my arms upward to make a smile.

• I always smile with my eyes, sometimes with lips too!

• If I was smiling at you, I'd make you twinkle alright if you know what I mean ;)

• I don't smile

• I smile with both.

• I would at you cause you're hot =)

• My penis can wink at you ;)

What Girls Said 14

• Lol did you read this in this month's Cosmo? =P Cause I did, lmao. I already knew, but I guess I never really thought about it before. I do both.

• lol don't even rem where I saw that! Probably some research article...ha not! I never really thought about it before but was wondering why some smiles from strangers meant more to me than others...

• Yeah it makes sense though. We as people are really intuitive about knowing when a person is genuine or not by subconsciously reading their body language.

• Most of us yes! Right on point...

• I have no idea o_o

• Eyes, lips only when I'm really happy :)

• I'd like to say both!

This lady was giving our class a lecture and she would grin after every point she made. it looked so fake and annoying!

It was like, "... and that's why dementia patients need 24/7 supervision =D!"

Or "when my father got up there in age, I had to start taking out the garbage =D!"

It's crazy how some people get into a habit of doing that.

• True...it sucks if it's not authentic! Amazing how we can pick things like that out though!

• Both. I have a super lame smile though so eyes more so.

• Both! ; )

• Both I guess. =D <----like that! =D

• with my lips...I haven't had a whole lot to smile about lately

• I'm sorry...been through that too...hopefully it'll go uphill from where it's at right now!

• I smile with both, I think. Probably more often with my eyes. I kind of feel weird about my lips.

• Eyes. I'm pretty expressive with my eyebrows too, especially when I find something to be skeptical.

• I definitely smile with my eyes. I I love to smile and let people know that I am genuine

• It depends who I'm smiling at and why. If I'm genuinly happy I smile with my eyes AND mouth, but if I'm only smiling to be polite, it's just the curving of my lips. :)

• I use my eyes a lot. I make a lot of facial expressions throughout the day so really when I smile I'm using everything! lol

• lol I'm the same...do it too much though! People can usually tell what I'm thinking!

• lol I smile a lot too! I feel like I'm going to have a lot of wrinkles on my face when I'm older

• Wrinkle cream! ha

• i smile with my eyes