Wearing no make up at all, turn off?

So I'm 21 and I've never worn make up. I tried a few times but instantly took it off since I don't like the feel of it and I don't think it makes me prettier. Si I go bare skin and all outside and I have no problem with that. I don't have the world most perfect skin. I have a few blemishes on my forehead from time to time but I still think that I look better bare skin than with foundation and eye liner and mascara and all... But I had this conversation with my 16 years old sister who started wearing make up a year ago. She basically told me that wearing make up made a girl more feminine and that girls who didn't wear any were badly seen among other people...

What is your take on this ? What do you think about girls who don't wear any make up at all? Do you assume that they are girls who just don't take care of themselves? And guys do you mind it?

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends. I probably will assume that a girl who doesn't wear makeup once she hits a certain age cares less about her looks and takes less care in her appearance than a girl who does wear makeup. I also think that 0 makeup looks kind of sloppy and unkempt unless you are just going to run some errands or go to the gym. Even the most gorgeous girl looks better with makeup on.

And guys say they like no makeup, and I understand why because a girl with a full face of makeup may look artificial, and too much makeup looks gross. But any girl looks better with subtle makeup than none. Even if you just wear mascara and that's it..it looks very natural but it opens up your eyes. No makeup just makes most people look washed out. Even if you look okay without it, you look better with it. I think that even a guy who says he likes no makeup would like a picture of the same girl better if she was just wearing some light eye makeup like a tad of eyeliner and mascara.

And if you are working or going somewhere formal, I think makeup is always essential at age 16+ or so.

The key is to look subtle and enhance your features, not change your face.

• "a girl who doesn't wear makeup once she hits a certain age cares less about her looks and takes less care in her appearance than a girl who does wear makeup" Really ? not necessarily.. not wearing make-up doesn't say you cares less about herself.. it's about caring less about what others think.

• You didn't read the full sentence. I wrote "I probably will assume", meaning that is my inference, and not a fact. Never said everyone had to agree.

What Guys Said 6

• Turn on!

• Good! because it's a bunch of crap anyways.

• Yes, it is a turnoff!

A girl should always have at least some eyelash brush and some lipstick!

Without anything a girl who got light, thin or short eyelashes looks terrible! The same about dry or pale lips!

• "eye lash brush" ? you clearly don't know what your talking about not to mention pretty superficial.

• Well sorry I butthurt you, but the truth is truth! Yes I don't wear make-up and may not be expert about it, but I'm not one of those sheeps who follow the popular though of ''no make up at all - EVER!'' or that bullsh*t about ''natural beauty''! The easiest way for a girl to look ugly is to avoid all make-up! But that's everyone's personal chance!

• It dosen't matter one way or the other.

• I ABSOLUTELY LOVE a girl without make-up . Though , a red lip color is very appealing and sexy to me on girls . Maybe a bit mascara is OK .

But , I kinda like a girl WITHOUT make-up .

That makes me think that the girl is CONFIDENT about herself and her looks .

I don't mind it .

• Call me weird but I prefer no Make-up. If a girl has 17 layers of make-up then it isn't even her own face anymore. So Really | Natural beauty > fake beauty |

What Girls Said 3

• Wanna bet that most guys who answer this question will say they prefer a girl that doesn't wear make up yet in reality they go for the ones that do? Most of the times, they can't even tell when a girl is wearing make up.

• I do not use makeup. and I often hear that I'm cute. I do not think it has much to say for the guys.

• Natural beauty looks awesome! :)

I don't wear makeup either. Just do what makes you feel good about yourself :)