Guys, if you find a girl really attractive would you call her cute or pretty?

there's a subtle difference but to me, "cute" sounds like 'adorable' or something said to just be nice. "pretty" sounds different, I don't know how to explain it haha

Most Helpful Guy

• attractive as in high class, high level of maturity, and a grown up personality= pretty/beautiful(charlize theron)

when I look at a woman and the first thing I think of is what she would look like naked?= hott (Jenny mcCarthy)

when I see a girl that kind of doesn't fit into any category, but I still find attractive, especially if she is small or has a baby face = cute

(natalie portman)

from my experiences cute is used for girls who sometimes embarasse themselves and you find it funny, but it doesn't affect your feelings in a neg matter. pretty is kinda something I use to describe women I feel like are the epitome of a woman

What Guys Said 6

• It's ironic because "pretty" is an adjective that I would say to be nice or when referring to someone who I wasn't attracted to but was "pretty" such as an obvious example of a young girl. I wouldn't call a 7-year old girl "cute" because I use "cute" as an adjective to describe girls around my age whereas a 7-year old girl would still be "pretty". I hope that wasn't too winded or confusing :P I guess region or preference may have some small role to play in the use of such words.

• Ok, I usually use cute when saying "Yea, she's cute," as a reply to a friend showing me a pic of someone they like or a girl who has some attractive qualities. It's not a bad thing. However, guys will typically say a girl is 'beautiful' or 'hot' or 'oh, my gosh, give me a minute with that picture I'll be right back,' to denote a strong attraction. However, if somone really emphasizes the word cute, it could mean the same as beautiful. However, I'm adult and don't watch sesame street anymore, so if its in person and someone calls you that, you might want to check and see if their wearing scooby doo underwear or something.

• personally I'd use words better than "cute" or "pretty" if a girl was really attractive. Cute to me is little stuff that she might say or do.

• I think they are synonymous depending on the context.

For example, if I think of a puppy dog or a little kid, I'd think that's cute.

However, if I'm talking about a women that I find attractive, if I thought she was cute, it is interchangeable with pretty.

So it depends on the context of how the guy sees you.

I've been told by a girl that I was cute. I interpreted it as puppy dog cute so I told her I didn't want to be called cute. She said not to worry cause it was a good thing.

• Both are the same in my book.

• I call her pretty to compliment her on her looking very nice. I say cute if she does something to be cute, like pout.

What Girls Said 0