I have an announcement to make, GAGers: I'm officially a BRUNETTE! Should I ask for a re-dye?

My hair is naturally dark brown, but it has been two years that I dye it Golden- like dark blond with a golden shade. I love it!

Anyway, I went to my hairdresser, who gives me this amazing color, but this time he gave me a darker brownish goldish color :(

Also, my hair was quite long..I told him to just trim it a bit..he cut too much out of my haiiirRRRrr! He gave me a really stupid haircut too :(

I'm ANGRY!

So, my question is, don't you hate when you ask for one thing and you receive a completely different thing?

Should I go back to him and re-dye it or accept it and move on :(( lol I'm afraid if I re-dye it to burn my hair ..lots of chemicals in oneday.

I dye it every 3 months on average when it grows out longer ...So, you think it's not worth burning my hair and that I should wait?
It looks like this now: link

It used to be lighter golden brown :(

Does it look bad?

Most Helpful Girl

• Awww Sally. I'm sorry! Your hair was lovely but I'm sure it's still lovely, even with a slight variation... <3

I say, you should give it a few days. Since it probably looks so different you're more inclined to be like "I hate, hate, hate it," when it really might not be thaaaat severe. So give it a few days to sink in, see how you like it (or don't like it). Then, if you REALLY hate it, go back to your hair stylist and have it re-dyed the proper color. Tell him EXACTLY what you want, that golden dye. And bring in a picture of the haircut you want (that's what I do). That way they have to analyze it, look at it, and almost have to make it look like the picture because when you get up off the chair you're going to compare yourself to it.

It will probably damage your hair a bit, but I assume you take proper care of it to begin with. Since you only color it every 3 months, you should be just fine. Just make sure to use the proper conditioners and color-treated products.

• He always dyes my hair :S I don't know what happened. He even suggested this color to me & I loved it! It was like medium golden brown and it turned to dark golden brown :(

• Ummm, you can rock either with your skin tone. :)

• Thanks for making me feel better ha ha :))

What Guys Said 7

• Congratulations!

Hmmm, if your not satisfied with the color of your hair, I mean you can go back to your original style or try something else different. Personally I like brunettes, but that is just me. I'm sorry to hear about the guy cutting too much of your hair =(.

• The color isn't terrible but still not what I asked for! And bye bye my long hair =(

• that looks amazing in my opinion

• YAY! =)

• Once a barber messes up on my hair I typically don't go back to him. The barber I go to right now, been his customer for about 6 years and it's to the point where I call in and he'll move someone else out of the way to set up my appointment haha. And he always does a good job on my hair.

Although I just get a brook I don't dye it and all that and if you mess up a brook you should not be cutting hair lol.

I think you should leave the hair as is because that's a good color and all. If you're unhappy with the barber/stylist find a new one though, at least that's what I'd do.

I wouldn't go and try to re-dye it cause as you said way too many chemicals being dumped into your hair and you could so turn out like maybe jean grey or something with your hair color then :P

It's a good shade though Sally, so don't worry, just rock the new look.

• Haha thanks :) I've been with this hairdresser for about 2 years. He is the only one who gave me a good hair color. He also uses minimal chemicals and takes care of my hair. But you're right, I'll wait for a while :)

• Nice!

So now you're a sizzling brunette.

I hate it too. Don't go back to that guy.

• You're saying brunette is fine?

• That's a great hair look.

You've become insecure about it. A bit like those guys and their penis size questions.

• LOL :))

• I don't know, why don't you post a picture of yourself? :P

• I might want to sex you up now. Before I didn't. And if you went red I wouldn't have netiher. So don't change it!

• Welcome to the club. You're membership dues need to be paid by Friday...

• They owe you. If it's their mistake, they'll fix it. But I think the example you provided is a nice shade.

What Girls Said 8

• To put keep it in perspective, a bad haircolor or a bad cut is only shortterm and temporary. Don't sweat it so much. If the color looks decent enough then enjoy the new look for a while. You can change the color back and your hair will be long soon again. Cheers..

• Yeah, I know. Thanks :) That's why I'm asking is it worth going back now or just wait for a while till I go back after 3 months?

• Well I'm Brunette so I'm biased lol. Wouldn't cb age it for the world! Guys love it.

• :)

• Grrr I hate it when that happens!

I actually really like that color. I think that if you wait a little while, you'd get used to it and possibly like it. Whenever I make a big change I'm always a bit :/ for a day or two, then start to love it. I just had my hair done a brightish red, and I love it :) If you don't like it, get it re-done. Wait a day or two for the dye to set in, and get it colored. Just use some treatments afterwards.

About the cut - that's the worst! It frustrates me like no end. You can basically either a) wait til it grows out a bit and get it restyled; or b) get it restyled now, which will most likely result in it being much shorter.

You know, I'm sure you still look banging :)

• Bye bye my long hair =( Case b won't turn out like I want because as you said it will end up much shorter. So, I'll have to wait. I loved my long hair :/

As for the color, it isn't terrible but I prefer it lighter and brighter than it is now. But, I'll wait as you suggested :)) Thanks! :*

• I know, I'm obsessed with my long hair, too. BUT shorter hair can look supperrr cute, and it'll grow quicker than you realize :)

MWAHH xo

• Mwaah :)

• Yes, I had that happen to me. I asked for the girl to give me red & blond streaks. I wanted a rock look. She freaking dyed my whole head a Reddish Blonde! What an idiot!? I was so mad that I just never went back to her because I lost my trust for her. Because it was bleach I waited two months to do anything with it.

I think you should tell your hairdresser that you can't stay silent about your hair and how much it's upsetting you. Hopefully he will fix it for you with no charge. A decent business person should.

I'm so sorry, I know how that is it sucks butt! :( also, you can tell him you know a crazy Italian from New York who's coming to Egypt and that she'll mafia him! =D lol <3333

• Haha :) He is the one who dyes my hair each time. He even suggested this lovely color to me. I don't know know what happened! I don't know whether to wait or re-dye it now. It's not terrible but it's darker :(

• I love dark hair! <33333333 I think you should talk to him though. =)

• personally, I think being brunette for me is a weird situation.

i love being brunette. and my boyfriend loves it too. but, the thing is, I always wished I was like, an angel blonde.

the perks of being brunette, is that it (almost) always looks classy. I really like it.

I really like your color, too! its a bit lighter then mine, and it looks fabulous! it looks really rich, which is totally awesome! I really like it!

hopefully the cut & color will grow on you.. :D.

• (I am all late and stuff...i found the link on the chat lol)

Re-dye your hair when it is good and ready...don't go burning it now...the color looks fine..

• Thanks! I'll do that :))

• I like it but I don't know what it looked like before. Hair's hair...lol it'll grow back and you can go back to the other color if you want! Use the change to give you a sense of newfound freedom!

• It used to be light golden brown and it turned into dark golden brown. So, brighter it was :/

But yeah, you're right! =D

• Yikes! Yeah looking like a carrot might not be the best! =)

• Hee Hee =)

• Oh hairdressers are pure evil. None of them understand the word "trim" anyway if you are unhappy with it you are within your rights to complain as it wasn't what you asked for. However they really don't like it when you do that...

• Exactly. I'm afraid he makes bad enhancements when I go back. The color isn't terrible but still not what I asked for. He dyes my hair all the time, what happened?! & my long hair is gone :( So, do you think I should go back?

• The color might correct itself after a few washes. This has happened to me in the past and I haven't gone back but if you're really not happy with it you should. I stopped going to hairdressers over a year ago and now I cut and dye my own, maybe take a beauty course or something? It's a bit off topic but pretty fun haha

• Haha thanks!

• LOL OMG this reminds me of some girl who went to a frensh hair dresser and showed him the length of her little finger and said that's how much she wants off and he understood it to only leave that much , she realized after all her long hair was on the floor :S

and the pic in the link doesn't look bad :) its all right