Is this truth or a myth?

I know what the social norm is,If you're a beautiful women,you're being approached and hit on constantly,but is that true?Might it also be true that there are equally as many really beautiful women,and I'm talking Jennifer Aniston and Zooey Deschanel look a likes,you know who you are,who are hardly ever approached?perhaps because men are intimidated by your beauty.Or because they assume you couldn't possibly be single,or that you might have an attitude.If you're hot,does it surprise you when you're not getting approached?Is it true,that you get all made up when you go out,because you know you'll be competing with other equally hot women?

Most Helpful Girl

• I have always though Keira Knightly and Wynona Rider looked a like in a way.

I think it is because I am the norm or better yet - DUFF (Designated Ugly Fat Friend) but at times I can be the DUF (Designated Ugly Friend) I have a prettier friend who is fatter than me so. I think it is also how you carry yourself because I see the person that is still pretty but not the prettiest get approached more.

What Girls Said 2

• It really depends. I know a lot of my friends get approached by guys often. But often its a guy old enough to be her father, sooo.. I don't know :P It seems to be really rare for them to be approached by a guy their age (20's- early 30's).

• All my beautiful female friends get approached constantly, so that's what I assume to be the norm.

Zooey Deschanel is so beautiful. Girl crush <3

• All of them?You've personally witnessed this?Do tell,what was the setting,bookstores,supermarkets?malls,parks?What's the first thing most guys say,A simple hello,do they ask their opinion on something?good stuff to know,What about this,I'm _______,just out meeting people today,thought I'd come over and say hello.I personally tend to think it's more about projection of confidence,than what you say.True?

• Um...all of the above. You pretty much got it right there.

What Guys Said 1

• Hot women get approached all the time. Celebrities, not so much because their private lives and relationship statuses tend to be a matter of public record.

When you see a hot woman with an average guy, and wonder how the hell that happened? It's probably because he was the guy who walked up and talked to her like a regular person.