How do I get nicer hair?

i have thinning crappy hair, its super dry and breaks easily and I have a lot of hair loss I don't know how to get long lustrous locks and how to improve my hair? do you recommend any foods medicines or products?

thanks everyone! I really appreciate it I'm gonna try all these tips out!

Most Helpful Girl

• The only way I can really help is if you told me your daily hair routine :P

If you've been using heat, it sounds like time for a break. Hair loss can be a sign of malnutrition, depression, an autoimmune disease, so see a doctor about that.

Get a hair cut. Split ends are deadly to having healthy hair. If you don't cut them off, they'll commit suicide and break off on their own, leaving your hair shafts weak, brittle, and all busted up ><

Buy a sulfate free conditioner and shampoo. I also have fine hair and I use Sebastian Light for conditioner. It's expensive, but it lasts for a really long time. I use a dime sized amount for my hair and it just goes so far. If there's anything I splurge on, its conditioner lol. It's around 17 a bottle.

Also.. I KNOW this sounds crazy, but when my hair was really dry my stylist told me to just stop using shampoo often. If your hair is dry, shampooing too often keeps the oil from going down the shaft because it washes off. Use a little bit on your scalp, but don't lather up! My hair is pretty thin, so all the gross oils (like sweat and grease) kind of just roll right off.

Change your diet. Eat avocados! Google natural remedies and try them out.

Also I recently got a bottle of Moroccan Oil and it's SO good. It's natural, doesn't make your hair oily and works really well when blow drying and flat ironing. My hair is so shiny now :D

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• Avoid shampoos with sodium lauryl sulfate and sodium laureth sulfate, or anything that sounds similar. They are very strong detergents and they strip the necessary oils from your hair, leaving it dry and more prone to breakage. Try out a few organic shampoos and conditioners, they're great.

You should also get a good leave-in conditioner for after you get out of the shower - it will make your hair soft and manageable and control frizz. A good one that I like is by Garnier Fructis, it really controls flyaways and frizzy hair. If you don't have frizzy hair you should definitely try Biosilk Silk Therapy, lots of people swear by this. It makes hair super shiny, soft and smells wonderful.

As for the internal side of things (which is more important than what you put ON your body), it's so so so important to get all the nutrients you need for your body to grow healthier hair. Fruits and vegetables and water are amazing for everything. You can also try a hot oil massage for your scalp - it really nourishes the skin and feels so good!

^ All the things I said above, I've tried them for myself and they have worked for me. My hair is really fine and used to get very dry as well but now it's much better.

• -Avoid shampoos and conditioners with sulfates & petrochemicals

-Deep condition your hair once a week, alternating between a cholesterol deep conditioner and moisturizing deep conditioners

ApHogee 2 minute Keratin Reconstructor is a great protein treatment. You don't have to use it weekly and from what I've heard, thin haired girls normally only use it about every 6 weeks or so, where as those of us with curly/coarse hair can use it on a weekly basis.

-Try using natural oils such as extra virgin coconut oil or sweet almond oil on your hair. Oiling your hair is a common practice and can help improve the quality of your hair.

-Take a multivitamin to ensure that you receive ALL of your nutrients. For hair specifically, I recommend biotin & silica(horsetail), as well as fish oil pills that contain omega 3 fatty acids

-Try to incorporate more oily fish such as salmon, sardines and herring into your diet

• ok drink water,eat carrot,use GOOD shampoos,sleep early,take some vitamins(if you need some),and last go for a doctor

• which shampoos do you recommend? I heard ones with sulfates are bad

• try biotin