Looked different without makeup like a ghost, is this a compliment?

So I like one of my guy friends and me him and another friend went out to eat last night and I only had on foundation and the guy I like said I look different with out make up like a ghost? It was a weird comment so I was like oh geese thanks and he said not in a bad way you look pretty with and with out make up so was he just trying to save his ass by saying that I look pretty both ways or what? Please explain this!

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not a guy (surprise surprise haha) but I can say that I don't think he meant it in a bad way... I guess what he was trying to say is that you look nice all the time, but sometimes you may put too much make up for his liking (maybe you don't put alot, I don't know, but to some guys a bit of makeup may be "a lot"..)

If you like him then I suggest you wear less makeup, I think that's all he meant ;)

Good luck!

What Guys Said 1

• It was an awkward compliment.

Awkward because you didn't take it the way it was meant to be taken.

What Girls Said 1

• He was just making observations, he didn't want to offend you.

lol. The part at the end was because he remembered how easily offended women are.