Long hair or short hair?

Question says it all. Also if you are kinda short (5'3) does long hair make you look shorter? And bangs or no bangs?

My face shape is heart shaped and slender and my hair is thick and brown
Oh and do y'all think long layers are pointless?

Most Helpful Girl

• Short hai usually makes you look older then you really are...

Which isn't a bad thing if your young...but your tired of people thinking your in high school like me lol.

Bangs if you have a large forhead.

Side bangs or a sweep..are alternative bangs

Uhm. if you have a small face then you don't want your hair to be to long because the hair will pretty much consume its structure...and you'll look like the lady that came out of the well on the ring.

I'm 5'3 and my hairs shoulder length right now...I have had it down to my lower back and it doesn't make me look shorter I don't think...but it does make me look younger like a kid and it consumes my small body. lol

I have had all kinds of hairstyles from short to long, to bobs so it just depends on your taste really not what other people think...because if you don't like it then no one really will. you just have to know what you can rock and what you can't.

goodluck

Tami

What Guys Said 4

• hair styles totally depend on face shape.

• longlonglonglonglong

• long definitely

• Long hair

What Girls Said 9

• I have shorter hair, I guess. It's curly and oddly enough the curls work beter when my hair is shorter, like just above my shoulders. I used to want bangs, but the just don't work with my face shape, and to be perfectly honest, I CAN'T STAND having hair in my face! :-) I'm 5'5" though, so not super short or super tall.

• i've got long hair, I'm 5'2 and I don't think it makes me look shorter... I had side bangs. they looked nice, but I really wanted to chop them all off after 2 days of having them... SO annoying :/ they get in your eyes all the time, so you have to pin them back, thereby rendering them useless.

• Well I had side bangs before but since then I've let them and the rest of my hair grow out pretty long (almost to the middle of my back) and I like my long hair but I'm really unsure about bangs

• yea, they're a pain in the ass... not worth it if you don't have a longer forehead that you want to camoflage a bit, imo

• Since you have a heart shaped face you could go long or short...I personally like longer hair better, although styling longer hair can be a pain. Bangs are okay on certain people, but they can be even more of a pain (trimming them and styling them).

• I think it depends on the persons face shape. I wouldn't look good in short short hair, but people like Halle Berry look hot with it.

• I'm 5'2' and had long hair most of my life and I kept getting good compliments. I cut my hair just below my chin and is now shoulder length and people said that I look older and sophisticated. I don't think that long hair will make you look shorter. I've had long layers but it made my straight hair frizzy looking but it looked great. I'm not much into bangs even if it looks good on the face, but if you do go for it. I think with a heart shaped face you can pull off just about any length of hair.

• long I miss my long hair =/... lol and no long hair doesn't make you look shorter. and bangs!

• studies have shown guys like long hair

• I think that a short little pixie cut might be cute... I think short hair is cute on short girls

• I am 5"1 and long hair doesn't make me look shorter. Maybe if it was down to my waist or hippie-long, but mine is mid-back and it doesn't take away from my height.

And bangs really depends on the face.