Why do girls call some guys cute?

Idk it seems kind of strange to me. Guys are meant to be more masculine looking, so calling a guy cute would be kind of im-masculating.

Most Helpful Girl

• Cute is not immasculating, it means attractive and handsome.

• When I think of cute, I think of a small puppy hahahah!

• I actually went over this with another guy on here not too long ago. Girls oftentimes say cute because it is not as outgoing as handsome or hot, or sexy. They are not putting themselves out there as much.

What Girls Said 3

• Actually I never call a guy " CuT3" cz I feel like its not manly ,

though its flirty 2 call him cute. Let me clearlify something , I will call a baby "cute " or a young boy but not a handsome guy or a hot one. Anyway , that's my ownpoint of view .

• i would think as long as they don't call them ugly...they should be fine with it. but yeah. they think it's not manly or maybe because they are not trying to hurt their feelings or don't seem them anything other than adorable. lol

• Maybe like JB.

• Yeh I think because he looks really young. Compared to all the people in my grade, he looks like he's 14.

What Guys Said 2

• emasculating is the word you want. don't feel bad man. I hear that crap a lot and have been sadly called beautiful before and even pretty

• Oh my bad. And I don't feel bad about it, I'm just wondering why hahaha...

• Finally someone using the right word. I was getting all fidgety reading immascaulate. We call you cute because of the way you act. It's adorable and sweet and those words are much more emasculating than cute. We don't say "OMG you are so chivalrous and manly." That's wierd.

• thnx I sadly came in second in my high school spelling bee (was a freshman) :) you are funny with the chivalrous and manly thing-yea that is weird. A lot of women have called me pretty or beautiful which I strangely like for some reason hahahaha

• I think that the girls mean "handsome" when they say you are cute.

• I concur. Saying "handsome" does sound outdated, while saying "cute" is a trendier word lol.