About a tattoo- strange or not

I wan to know if this is a ridiculous idea or something worth doing. About two months ago my dog died. When I was 10 I worked all summer away from home to get her and we were closer than I could've possibly imagine. Anyway she died of cancer and since then I have really wanted to do something permanent to memorialize her. Her name was autumn and I've really thought about tattooing her name on my shoulder blade. I want to know if you think this is strange or not. I do not have any piercings or tattoos and no one in my family has a tattoo that I know of, so it is a little unprecedented in my family. I am 24, so I don't need any permission from my parents or anything like that. Thank you for your thoughts.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think its strange, I know all too well how attached you can get to pets. I think its a nice idea. Although maybe instead of just a name you could get something like this link since it sort of represents Autumn, and it could be symbolic for her name. But just so you know, I don't think its stupid at all. If people can get tattoos of their boy/girlfriends names and break up with them two weeks later, then why shouldn't you get one of a pet who was with you your whole life. Anyone that judges doesn't understand the bond that happens.

What Girls Said 1

• I don't think it's weird to get a tattoo but of a girl's name...? That might be problematic...I would do a colored autumn leaf or a tree with leaves falling off to look like the season...something more subtle, you know?

What Guys Said 1