What are the top 3 shoes you prefer on a guy?

I hate directing questions to just one gender, so if you're a guy, what are your 3 favorite pairs of shoes?

Ladies, I'm looking to buy new kicks (that I wouldn't normally buy) and your opinion matters!

Please answer in this format if it isn't too much trouble.

1. Shoe Name (link)

2. Shoe Name (link)

3. Shoe Name (link)

-Short explanation

Thanks!

Updates:
So every guy should have clean white sneakers, converse, timberlands, and if you're high class... dress shoes.

Before this question I had no idea Timberlands were such a big deal. Thanks!

0|0
5|2

Most Helpful Girl

• 1. Regular Dress Shoes link

2. Jordans link

3. Timberlands link (must be worn correctly; laced up and pants over the boot. Otherwise, don't bother; you'll just look sloppy)

0|1
    1|0

What Girls Said 4

• 1. Desert boots link

2. Vans Authentics/Keds link

3. Combat boot-type things link

4. Boat shoes link

Oh yeah, 4. I went there.

1|1
    0|0
  • Hmmmm is not having a preference okay

anyways

Those prison looking shoes are interesting

Converse-any type so doesn't really need a link

Sneakers-any type post -05

0|0
    0|0
    • can you link a picture of "those prison shoes" and the type of sneakers that are actually good?

• link

these first six rows are cool for sneakers

link lol this wasn't what I was looking for but! they are pretty awesome

link its like these but they usually are pale white or black, when I first saw it I thought someone got a deal for foreign prison shoes

• converse all stars-WHO THE F*** DOESN'T KNOW WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE?!

timberlands-WHO THE F*** DOESN'T KNOW WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE?!

elephant fetuses-WHO THE F***..oh...WELL I SEE HOW THAT WOULD REQUIRE A PIC...

1|0
    0|0
  • 1. Converse

2. Timberland

3. Hairy Latex Hobbit Feet link

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• I wear dress shoes 5 days a week. I try to rotate them to extent the life of the interior of the shoe, letting it dry (on a shoe tree). The soles can be resoled (on a leather sole shoe), the outside you polish its the inside moisture that kills them in the end.

The ones I wear the most are black oxfords with punch cap by a.e. link tan quarter brogues by barker for herring link and some new double monks also for Herring link

For half way between dress and casual, I wear something like a black chelsea boot. I'm wearing out some blundstones, when they die I'll replace them with R.M. Williams link

When I was younger, when not wearing surplus army boots with shorts, I used to wear one stars and the like.

I don't really ever wear sneakers now, but if I was going to I'd probably go with either Stan Smith's or onitsuka tiger's link or something like that.

0|1
    0|0
  • I usually wear a pair of clean white sneakers for casual wear. If I'm dressing up a bit then a black square toe dress shoe.

0|1
    0|0
    • Clean white sneakers seem to be popular for sure. I'll most likely get some.

• Yeah, if you don't have a pair of white kicks you definitely need a pair.