Would you rather be blind or deaf, which would you choose and why?

If you had to be either blind or deaf, which would you choose and why?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 7

• I'd rather be deaf. As much as it would kill me to be unable to listen to music, not being able to see, draw, paint, write and read in addition to it being more difficult to orient myself, would be much worse.

I also wouldn't have to listen to people bitch and whine. People would seem a lot more intelligent when you can't hear them.

• RE: the last line. so true! up arrow for that

• Deaf -

It would really suck if I went now because I love music - but not so bad if I was born deaf to begin with.

I express myself artistically, so it would be hard to draw / paint if I'm blind (obviously lol,)

• Deaf.

My sight is more important to me, I tend to watch more than I communicate which means I'd miss it more. And also it means I can ignore annoying people.

• you can "see" with your ears as well though, it's just takes a different style of processing. blind people excel at this (though it's a means of compensation)

• Deaf- I can still be an artist if I'm deaf! :P

• Deaf.

So I know exactly where and to whom I would direct my middle finger at.

• blind... I don't wanna see the world we live in

• Deaf,because I'm still able to know wht is happening surround me with my eyes.

What Guys Said 5

• Both are wholly abhorrent to me. I love my music but I also like being able to see where the hell I'm going.

• blind, I was deaf before I can't go back to that. My eye site sucks as it is so I'll manage

• Deaf, cause its really hard to live without eyes,

• copy cat *-* think of your own questions

• I'd rather you were blind or deaf.