Why do people call me emo?

I'm not emo at all! but people seem to think so... I have very dark hair and side bangs.. any tips on maybe looking less emo/prettier? :(

Most Helpful Guy

• Fist thing...dont ever thing of yourself as not prettty. There are some very pretty emo girls lol If you want to look less emo, try wearing brighter clothes and try having a more outgoing personality. But don't try to change who you are, because then you will still not be comfortable with yourself.

Good luck!

Stay pretty :)

What Guys Said 2

• they just call you that because of your style. By the way emo and scene is a very attractive style. As long as its not too dark

• putting a picture up might help us help you. Just to get an idea...? :)

What Girls Said 2

• just don't overdo it with eyeliner and probably don't always wear black or dark stuff try some cute pastell tops or something like this but only do this if you wanna change your style because you wanna try something new if you already like your style as it is and just feel uncomfortable because some people call you emo just ignore them and do wear/do your hair like you want!

• Same! Ha ha either that or scene, I don't really care though because when they hang around with me they see that I'm a very happy go lucky person (most of the time ha ha) anywhooooo, you could try to dress more colorful like and stuff, and you could try not to style your hair that way (I get annoyed when people bully emos but then have the same hair cut ha ha the hypocrites) try to stay away from black skinny jeans and converses and you should be good :)