What to wear to interview?

I have an interview with JCPennys in a few days. I don't really have any dress pants, and my khakis have gotten to be too small. Would jeans with a nice top and nice shoes be acceptable or what would be more appropriate?

I've been reading articles on Google, and I'm gonna agree that jeans are bad.

Would dress slacks with small heels be okay? I'd probably feel more comfortable in pants than a skirt.
Forgot I had this skirt in my closet.

How is this? link

Most Helpful Girl

• Typically for an interview you should never wear jeans, but like you said if you have nothing else at least go with a casual skirt. What you have on in the link is perfect. Goodluck with your interview ! (:

What Guys Said 3

• You are going to an interview at a store that sells fashion. That's one of many things you will be judged on. You should wear a dress, dress shoes, a little jewelry and a little makeup. First impressions count -- jeans or khakis won't cut it.This is an interview for a job, not a date.

• I have found that interviews you can never be too formal. Even if it is a minimum wage job, no reason why you can't show you put an effort and wear something formal, it will probably impress them a lot. I wouldn't go with jeans unless there is no alternative.

• I read that blue is a good color for job interviews as it displays loyalty.

What Girls Said 6

• wear a dress or a skirt. Don't ever wear jeans at all if you can help it. The nicer you dress, the better chance you have. (Unless you are rude or mean or something)

• I think your best bet would be a nice dress or a skirt (not a jean skirt)..it's better to be over- dressed then under-dressed

• Slacks with a conservative blouse, closed toe pumps, and minimal makeup and jewelery. Hair in a sleek ponytail or a bun. Oh yea, almost forgot, No chewing gum!

• no. never jeans.

and yes, that oufit in your pic is great

• Trousers are good in my opinion...

• The link is OK, I think the blue shirt kind of ugly...dont you have a nicer one, maybe light pink or white?

• The blue shirt is just a plain button down shirt with 3/4 length sleeves.

No, I don't have a pink or white one.

• Jeans=bad idea. Wear a pencil skirt and a blouse, and dress shoes. Definitely makeup as well. Don't wear heels that are too high.