What to wear to interview?

I have an interview with JCPennys in a few days. I don't really have any dress pants, and my khakis have gotten to be too small. Would jeans with a nice top and nice shoes be acceptable or what would be more appropriate?

Updates:
I've been reading articles on Google, and I'm gonna agree that jeans are bad.

Would dress slacks with small heels be okay? I'd probably feel more comfortable in pants than a skirt.
Forgot I had this skirt in my closet.

How is this? link

0|0
7|3

Most Helpful Girl

• Typically for an interview you should never wear jeans, but like you said if you have nothing else at least go with a casual skirt. What you have on in the link is perfect. Goodluck with your interview ! (:

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• You are going to an interview at a store that sells fashion. That's one of many things you will be judged on. You should wear a dress, dress shoes, a little jewelry and a little makeup. First impressions count -- jeans or khakis won't cut it.This is an interview for a job, not a date.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have found that interviews you can never be too formal. Even if it is a minimum wage job, no reason why you can't show you put an effort and wear something formal, it will probably impress them a lot. I wouldn't go with jeans unless there is no alternative.

1|0
    0|0
  • I read that blue is a good color for job interviews as it displays loyalty.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• wear a dress or a skirt. Don't ever wear jeans at all if you can help it. The nicer you dress, the better chance you have. (Unless you are rude or mean or something)

0|0
    0|0
  • I think your best bet would be a nice dress or a skirt (not a jean skirt)..it's better to be over- dressed then under-dressed

0|0
    0|0
  • Slacks with a conservative blouse, closed toe pumps, and minimal makeup and jewelery. Hair in a sleek ponytail or a bun. Oh yea, almost forgot, No chewing gum!

0|0
    0|0
  • no. never jeans.

and yes, that oufit in your pic is great

0|0
    0|0
  • Trousers are good in my opinion...

0|0
    0|0
    • The link is OK, I think the blue shirt kind of ugly...dont you have a nicer one, maybe light pink or white?

• The blue shirt is just a plain button down shirt with 3/4 length sleeves.

No, I don't have a pink or white one.

• Jeans=bad idea. Wear a pencil skirt and a blouse, and dress shoes. Definitely makeup as well. Don't wear heels that are too high.

0|0
    0|0