How to do a messy bun?!

i have long, straight hair that's just above my waist. its kinda thick too. I always try to do a messy bun cause I think it looks really cute, but it always ends up falling out : / any advice?

Most Helpful Girl

• You aren't going to be able to do a heaps messy bun with hair that long since most of the 'mess' comes from short layers. Though here's something you'd be able to do. Its pretty messy and effortless looking.

link

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 7

• My hair is the same way and I do messy bun all the time they are the easyest for me in the mornings. use like 2 of the black hair bands and pull your hair up and start to pull it through all the way but stop pullin it when you got like 2 or 3 inches left and flip it and just tie it up. Its really hard to explain but I hope you kinda get what I'm sayin. but it always works better when you have 2 hair ties. When you use 1 tie it will fall out every time.

• maybe a tighter ponytail holder? Mine stays in place better if I bend over and like twirl my hair into one rather than just pulling my hair straight back into one

• put it in a regular pony tail, take all the hair from the pony tail in one hand, push it up to your head and begin bobby pinning.. you will need A LOT of bobby pins and hairspray but it looks really cute :)

• i just put in some mousse and scrunch damp hair up on top of my head. I put a hair tie around it and then bobby pin any lose spots

• one of the hairbands with the grip on it :)

• Try spin pins! They work wonders!

• ok so first wet your hair with a spray bottle and come it into a nice tight pony tail put tons of mouse into the wet part of your pony tail or gel but I find mouse works better the mess the hair up and push it torards your head rap it around a few times because its long and put a nother pony tail around that bun a few time if you can and pull the hair out of the bun a bit untill its diserd look and put tons of bobby pins in it