If you could only keep one of your five senses what one would you chose?

Normally people ask what one would you have to give up, but what if you had to give up four of them?

For me, I'd have to be able to communicate with people one way or another so Smell and Taste would be gone. :( I can manage living without hearing I think, at least more then sight and touch.

So, I guess my final one to get rid of would be touch, because I rely on my eyes for so much. It would feel like I'm dreaming all the time I guess. Still wouldn't be fun XD

So what would you guys keep?

• Sight
  • Touch
  • Smelling
  • Hearing
  • Taste

Most Helpful Guy

• I'll keep eyesight...can't really imagine the world without that

sense of smell won't matter that much except in hazardous situations like gas leak.

taste...one can do with it...as well...i know its gonna be horrible

hearing is yet another debatable one that would be my second choice tied down with sense of touch :)

What Guys Said 9

• I'd go mad without music, so hearing it is. It'd still be a rather miserable existence no matter which one you kept over the others, though.

• exactly my thoughts, I'd be miserable without being able to hear music.

• It'd be a toss up between, sight and touch. I do think that sight is probably the more useful of the two, but feeling one: feeling is major part of intimacy, two: you'll know whether or not you hurt yourself to stop yourself, and three: helps with balance.

• Sight just because it would really suck not being able to see anything. I thought about this while I was pretty stoned and it made me really grateful to have my vision and my other senses. Lol Weed isn't always bad. Haha

• Shakespeare was stoned when he wrote all his plays. true story.

• That's pretty awesome. I'm sure a lot of great musicians were stoned when they also made great music.

• Eye sight

• Definitely sight.

Even without all the others you can still watch movies with subtitles and stuff xD

• sight and if I could keep hearing with it and I don't really care about the other three senses

• Touch

• crap. I didn't read the question and thought you meant, out of all your five senses which one would you rather lose.. so of course I clicked taste haha.. in reality I'd rather keep my sight. that's the last one I'd hang on to!

• Aha, aw I thought someone picked that for real! :D

• i would keep my hearing because I cannot live without my music, it calms me down when I am upset

What Girls Said 8

• sight. if I couldn't see my loved ones and sunsets and everything beautiful that would be devistating to me. though not being able to hear music or loved one voices or being able to SPEAK your mind that wouldn't be too nice. I could do without taste or smell though. I would eat much healthier that way and I wouldn't smell skunk and puke...yuck

• Touch.

• Smell, taste, and touch are easy for me to leave behind.

Losing your hearing would suck, but that's why we have the written word.

I would definitely keep my eyesight. :)

• I'd keep sight. I could live without the others

• Touch would definitely be my choice. People live happy lives with no sight or hearing, but touch can give you a sense of comfort and warmth. You can stilll learn to communicate through sign and see the world in your own way.

• Sight, I'm an artist and if I couldn't do that there would be little point living hah

• But, without touch, you wouldn't be able to move, anyway.

• But you wouldn't be able to keep any sort of equilibrium if you can't feel anything.

• You balance with your inner ear not skin, though that's hairs, which is touch...oh man I don't know. This makes it more complex...I'd change it to touch then if that was the case!

• Sight :) an artist must have vision! :)

• My eyes = sight